“Delicious dinner with AMAZING inlet view”
Review of Gulfstream Cafe

Gulfstream Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulfstream Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Transit: Water taxi is available at Marlin Quay Marina.
Description: Voted “best restaurant with a view” and “most romantic” by The Sun News; Gulfstream Cafe is the only restaurant on the Strand overlooking the ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other. Watch the sun set from the upstairs bar or deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes, daily catch or Southern favorites- such as fried Lobster Tail. Offering something for everyone: live music, seasonal Oyster Roasts and Sunday brunch with a build your own Bloody Mary bar. Located at the south end of Garden City next to Marlin Quay Marina.
Charlotte, NC
“Delicious dinner with AMAZING inlet view”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a delicious seafood meal with an inlet view you'll never forget, look no further! As someone who has been spending summers in Surfside and Garden City Beaches since childhood, I've been to countless coastal restaurants - and Gulf Stream Cafe is one of my family's all-time favorites year after year. The seafood platter is amazing, freshly made salad dressings are quite tasty, and the hush puppies are the best I've ever had. This place is a hidden gem, so check it out. Oh, and be sure to make a reservation - you won't regret it. The dinner crowds can get pretty large very quickly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Gulfstream Cafe”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We actually found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and were very pleased with everything
there, the food was excellent as was the service and ambiance. Very great suggestion
Trip Advisor!

• Visited May 2014
Lexington, SC
“Great value and food”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We wanted to find a new nicer seafood restaurant at the beach this year since the place we usually visit has gone downhill. The Gulfstream was recommended by a friend, so we decided to give it a try and we are so glad we did.

We went early for the early bird specials. The service was great and very fast. We didn’t have to wait on anything for long. The she crab soup was wonderful, as were the salads. We had fried seafood platters which were very good quality and plenty of food. The garlic mashed potatoes were wonderful and very flavorful. We were hoping to try the chocolate mousse cake but were too full after our meals. I guess we’ll have to try that next time.

We can’t wait to go back.

Georgia
“Wow! That was a great meal!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

What a wonderful meal! My wife had the grouper and I had the crab cakes, and we both agreed that both were absolutely fantastic. I've had crab cakes a lot of places (Boston, Baltimore, etc.) and these were as good as any I've had -- all crab meat with no filler; lumps of sweet fresh crab that was just amazing. The wife's grouper was big chunks of fresh, white, grouper meat cooked to perfection. Salads were very good, service was good, wine (Steele Shooting Star Chardonnay) was very good -- overall a top notch meal. Oh, and the view was super nice also. Sat outside overlooking the inlet/marsh. A bit off the beaten path (by Myrtle Beach standards) but so so worth it. Don't know that I've had a better dinner in the entire Myrtle Beach area over the past 20 years of visiting.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Wonderful View with Average Food/Service”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I would never return here if it didn't have the best sunset on the Grand Strand. The menu is extremely limited, the service has been consistently awful. The bar is located on the second floor, making it very difficult for servers to get drinks to any table in a timely fashion. The food was okay. Our server never returned to check on our dinner after it was dropped off, which lead to me cutting my small over priced lobster tail with a butter knife. As a Myrtle Beach local, I'd like to say that I'll never return. Might check back in a few years, but certainly will not recommend.

• Visited June 2014
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Gulfstream Cafe, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed and would like to reach out. At your convenience, please email amber@centraarchy.com your contact information. Thank you.