Our family stayed in Coral Mist in June 2017. We travel each year to the beach and have rented several beach houses through the years. Coral Mist is, without exception, the best house we rented. We discussed this as a family during our stay and all agreed that Coral Mist had everything we needed and enjoyed.
We came from various states to meet at Coral Mist. We needed a house with handicapped access, which this house has. The elevator saved us many steps and allowed our family members access to each floor with comfort. The house is beautifully decorated, leaving nothing to be desired: art, bookcases full of books, theme bedrooms with impeccable furnishings, and beautiful woodwork. The televisions made it nice for people of all ages to watch their favorites, although we were not in the house all the time. The second floor living room was very helpful- again beautifully decorated and comfortable with a second refrigerator and storage. The kitchen was particularly amazing- a true gourmet kitchen with everything I needed for preparation of our breakfasts and suppers. The table was large enough for us to eat together, so we all had great fun throughout the days and evenings.I enjoyed cooking in that kitchen and appreciate all the amenities there.
There were several decks with rocking chairs, whether to view the ocean or the inlet. There was room for everyone to enjoy what they liked to do.
The pool was divine- salt water- and we all enjoyed it. There were several chairs, an umbrella table, and seating under the deck for those who needed shade. The outside shower was wonderful- we used it each time we came in from the beach.
Beach access was across the street, so we had no problem getting back and forth. The location of the house was perfect for all of us: close to the main street, the inlet behind offered lovely sunsets, shopping and golf not far away.
I appreciate the owners' gracious hospitality and friendly communication. I can recommend this house to any family and we will go back gladly.
The owners made the rental simple, clear, and organized. Each question I asked was answered promptly and completely as we made our plans. Coral Mist will remain as our favorite vacation spot!
We absolutely loved this home! Literally steps across the street from ocean! Huge front and back porches for ocean views and the inlets sunsets. Many beautifully decorated bedrooms and private baths. Also wonderful private pool and so close to the pier and dining & shopping areas! The owners were wonderful to work with and even checked in on us apon our arrival!
What a great house! Even better than pictures! So clean and well maintained!
The layout of this vacation rental is perfect for a large family and has a very nicely equipped kitchen. The two living areas are spacious and allowed the kids to enjoy themselves, with their own large flat-screen TV. The house has an extensive library of DVD’s, VCR tapes, plus a Netflix account, which kept the kids entertained in the evenings when we could get them out of the big pool!
The owners were easy to work with, made the rental process a breeze and answered all of our questions. They called to check on us when we arrived, which was a nice touch.
Our first experience with renting online and it couldn't have been better. Would definitely stay again; in fact, we are already reserved for next summer!
If you're looking for a nice house to rent very close to the ocean, look no further. Coral Mist has plenty of room for a big family to enjoy themselves for a long visit. The kitchen was excellent and provided plenty of space to cook our meals. The big pool is great in the warm months and the upstairs living room is a great place for the kids to go and enjoy themselves. The Netflix service that's included is also very cool, especially if you're a movie lover. We really enjoyed our stay and the owners were excellent to deal with.
From the spectacular views of the Marsh and ocean to the proximity to great seafood dining across the marsh in Murrells Inlet, Coral Mist had everything we needed for a 5-star vacation. The massive kitchen made cooking our own freshly-bought seafood dinners a breeze and there's nothing like relaxing on the 3rd floor balcony-deck, watching the sun set over the marsh.
We look forward to our repeat visit next year!
This was our best beach rental ever. Coral Mist was an absolutely wonderful experience for all of us. When we saw the radiant coral house from the outside, we knew we had made the right decision to rent this beautiful house. The inside was clean with spacious bedrooms and baths. Each couple had their own bedroom with large TVs and a full bath with each having co-ordinated decorated themes. A well planned layout offered plenty of privacy. Upstairs has a TV/ game room with a refrigerator, toaster and coffee maker. Plenty of games and DVDs kept the kids happy. We especially liked the clean and well equipped kitchen and eating area. Plenty of room for all. The beautiful large great room was decorated exquisitely. Location is perfect for near by restaurants and shopping. We found the area to be quiet with little traffic. Owners were pleasant and easy to work with. I recommend Coral Mist for anyone who wants a hassle free vacation. a real winner.
Overall, this a lovely home, but the owners may wish to consider the following:
o When charging such a hefty non-refundable cleaning fee in addition to a security deposit, don't nickel and dime your guests because they did not perform cleaning services that should be included in the non-refundable cleaning fee.
- Make sure your property mgmt. co. inspects the unit prior to check-in, and that all advertised amenities are in working order. The refrigerator did not properly cool, dispense water or ice and the advertised extra ice maker was also broken and moldy. Having to purchase extra ice + coolers was truly an inconvenience. While you did inform us that these items were not working, you did so only AFTER the deposit and payments were made.
- Shorten the 7-page Renter’s Contract, the way its written presents itself as more of a list of "DO NOTs" and is quite off-putting. Perhaps you could leave a binder of the "helpful information" inside the unit and rewrite the contract itself to be more guest-friendly.
- Reduce the number of breakable items contained in the home, or put them away during guest stays. While they make for lovely home decor, they can cause more anxiety than anything else, especially guests with small children.
- Install screen doors on at least the main floor balcony. During our stay, the temperatures fluctuated between lows of 35 to highs of mid 70s, so it was necessary to open balcony doors to get air flow and help reduce cooking heat/odor. To be lectured after our departure about how many times a door was opened was a tad offensive. And to be charged for part of an electricity bill is unheard of.
- If you're traveling with teens or young adults during the off season when many area attractions are closed, you may wish to stay elsewhere. The common areas of the home are a bit small and lack entertainment options (i.e. no game room, outdated TV’s).