“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Carolina Cafe

Carolina Cafe
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Gaffney
Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/272/1207428/restaurant/South-Carolina/Carolina-Cafe-Gaffney
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Special kudos to amy at the Bar. handles everything very well and makes it look easy. Her customers are her top priority and it shows in the service.

2  Thank bavassey

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

They have the best bacon wrapped shrimp as well as ribs. The prices are decent and can be pricy depending on what you get. The restaurant is small so be prepared for a wait.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

There's only one word to describe the food, EXCELLENT. However, the wait to be seated on the weekends is simply ridiculous. If you are going to visit on Friday and Saturday, you better get there at 4 pm or wait until between 8:30-9:00 (near closing time) otherwise you all wait for a very very long time!

1  Thank beachbum685
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is my second time to the Carolina Cafe. I live about an hour away from this restaurant, but my family had a wonderful first experience and decided it was worth a trip to try it again. The second dining experience is getting an average rating. While the steak and chicken finger entrees were very good, the pasta dishes were just ok. The chicken parm was served with alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce which was interesting. We didn't care for the outlaw chicken appetizer much. It would have been better if it had been hot all the way through. The kicker at the end of the meal was receiving the ticket and seeing a $.59 charge for water. Really? I just spent $67 dollars at your restaurant and there is a charge for water? Crazy and greedy in my opinion. Mind you, that I don't use lemon in my water either. Doubt that I will be back to this restaurant. I'll spend my $67 elsewhere and enjoy the water for free.

2  Thank katnap72
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived early for steak night, Tuesdays, and were not disappointed. Our server was friendly attentive. The 9 oz steak dinner was done just right and needed no steak sauce. Salads were very large and crispy. This place is most definitely on our 'go back' list. Decor is sort of modern lodge with a stone fireplace and a lot of wood paneling, nice. There was also a bar and party room. Rest rooms were clean as was the rest of the restaurant. Now this place is said to be in Gaffney, but is really quite a ways out of town up on Thickety Mountain. It's easy to find though.

1  Thank hatterasjack