“Pleasant Suprise”

Red Roof Inn Gaffney
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stopped here after a day of driving, arriving after 11 pm. They found us the best priced rooms they could, and even brought a crib up the steps for my son. The room was clean as was the entire facility. It was a really nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
LazyBumATL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review of our property. It was truly our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we hope that you will stop in and see us if you travel through this area again!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Checked in very late due to a bad storm. My son and I were soaking wet when we came in and the clerk at the desk graciously offered us a towel before I even asked about the room. He was very nice and we were glad to dry off a little as we were getting checked in. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I will stay here again on my way back home.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was stuck here in Gaffney b/c the truck I rented broke down so I was happy to find a hotel that accepts pets.
However this is the first time they charged me extra for my children. Regardless of age my son is still a student and my daughter is disabled. Neither work so I really feel that policy is wrong!
Also had a bit of an incident with the staff where they did not give me fresh towels even though I asked for them to be placed in front of my door.
So I went to the cart about an hour later and got them myself. The staff was very upset and told us we werent right.
Not sure what the big deal was.
Anyway it was clean and did have free belgian waffles for breakfast but not really much variety.
The rooms are a bit small so when traveling with family and pets it can get a bit claustrophobic.
Other than that it was ok.
The night staff guy was very friendly though :D

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had car trouble on Thursday (5-10-2012) and had to stay for 6 nights at the Red Roof Inn in Gaffney, SC. Paresh Patel the general manager and Jennifer Batchler, the guest service representative made the entire experience as pleasant as being at home. They both were extremely helpful with finding me a drug store because my medicine had run out and made arrangments for me to get to a rental car place once I found out I was going to be without a car for several days. Spending mother's day alone in a hotel when you have 3 children in another state can be very depressing but because of their care and understanding it was almost like being with family. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and always available for any and all my needs. I have always stayed with Red Roof because as a pet lover the Red Roof Inn has always WELCOMED my pets at no extra charge unlike other hotels. This Inn was about half the price of the others at this exit 90 off of Interstate 85. It is right across from the Tanger outlets so I'm sure they could charge more and get it but it was a great price and good people. I highly reccomend staying here. Glenda Prowell from Atlanta, Georgia

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the woods and you have no noise from the interstate or from cars in the par...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2012

though not worth it! Everything low quality Seedy area? Young lady receptionist was extremely helpful and pleasant, the ONLY big PLUS.

Room Tip: Fortunately all rooms were quiet as far enough away from the freeway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I usually do not use Red Roof Inn hotels, but I was traveling alone and looking to save money. I found this Red Roof to be well above the same name brands that I have seen in the past. The hotel appears to be somewhat new and is very clean. The rooms are large and had free wi-fi, a fridge, and a microwave. It is also very close to a large shopping area with several restaurants nearby. The rate (about $45) beats almost everything else in the area and the hotel appears every bit as nice as the others. The free continental breakfast was a little lacking, but at least it was there. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Also, I found this to be a perfect location between Cowpens National Battlefield and Kings Mountain Military Park (if you are planning on visiting these sites).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2011

First of all, this review is for all the people who had something bad to say about RF Inn. Please take your silver spoons out of your mouths before you start typing. My wife & I stayed three nights. This was our second time & we enjoyed our stay.By the way, if you payed more than 45 dollars per night you did not do your home work. Never pre book a hotel room in Gaffney S.C. because it's not a tourist area. Walk into the hotel without a reservation & a very big smile, strike up a short conversation, ask for AAA RATE then CORP RATE.Once you and the desk clerk realize there is no corp rate for you. Ask him or her if they would give you the corp rate if you pay with cash. Because, if you pay with a credit card the hotel has to pass the credit card usage junk fee over to you. Using cash can get you better deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple