“Hidden gem in a small town for pizza & lasagna!”
Review of Aegean Pizza

Aegean Pizza
Ranked #9 of 85 Restaurants in Gaffney
Cuisines: Italian
Davenport, FL
“Hidden gem in a small town for pizza & lasagna!”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We actually first had their food as take out when we were taking an RV class in this town. The lasagna was delicious with lots of meat in it. The side salad & crusty toasted garlic bread were great, too! Because that meal was so good, I decided to try it again 2 days later when we were in the mood for pizza. I was out shopping so I got a large sausage & pepperoni pizza to go. My husband & I really liked it. The sausage was cut in large coin shapes & very good. The crust was cooked just right, & not too thick or too thin. I cannot really judge the service as both meals were take-out. I was a little concerned when I asked the cashier what the tax rate was on my pizza, & she had no idea! That was a minor complaint, however. We will definitely return here next time we are in Gaffney. Next time we plan to eat IN the restaurant! Can't wait to try some of their other offerings!

NC
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Our visits to Aegean have either been Great or just So-So. Last time our food (hamburger steak - 2 dishes of Penne pasta) were over cooked, Sometimes our food has been great. Never had an issue with the service, though our last visit the wait staff did seem to gather around and talk to each other instead of attending to their tables - my wife ran out of something to drink a couple of times, but the waitress finally came around.

We'll probably give them another chance..

• Visited August 2011
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“In One Word: OUTSTANDING.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

It always seems a risky venture to go to an unknown pizza place. But a friend & I took the risk and visited Aegean Pizza this July. Upon walking in... the decore suggested the middle-ground of the same risk. Nothing too special, nothing at all bad. However-- the staff was very plesant and welcoming. I ordered the "Meat-sa" Pizza and Hot Wings, and a sweet tea. My friend ordered the Shrimp Alfredo. Most of the time you can tell a place by the sweet-tea-- thankfully it was refreshing. Then came the wings-- perfect. Hot, but not too hot to be tangy. My pizza came to the table.... and it looked impeccable. A curious browned top that allowed for a knife and fork. The taste catapulted me back to the flavor of a 1980's concession-stand basket ball game of my youth-- mixed with a gourmet style. P-E-R-F-E-C-T. You can tell alot about a pizza place by the actual flavor of the meat. It was fresh and tastey. They use a breakfast baccon that sets it aside from all the rest. My friend love-loved her "Shrimp Alfredo"-- if that is your thing then apparently the sauce is great. **However-- her salad looked plain. Instead of common iceberg lettuce they should spruce it up a bit with something as special as their main entree's.

I walked away stuffed and with that ultimate satisfying feeling when you have just had a meal you will remember for a long-long time. I took home a few pieces of pizza in a to-go box. I found myself eating them when I arrived back home (living about an hour away).

This is the real kicker-- A few days later.. I found myself craving the same pizza.... NO WHERE HAS THE SAME TASTE. I couldn't get it out of my head... so on a whim I drove the hour back to the place-- thankfully staying open at an odd hour of 3 P.M. I ate the same delicious pizza and was happy to note that the waitress by the name of Tara was great. And the price was again more than reasonable.

If you read this review-- take the chance on this pizza place. It is something special-- that is for sure. Even while writing this review... I am craving it... I may just have to take a road-trip again in the near future!

I have ate a lot of pizza in my life-- this is without question--- one of the best! Bravo.

• Visited July 2011