“Watch out on late night check ins!!!!!”

Hampton Inn Gaffney
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Columbia, SC
“Watch out on late night check ins!!!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Watch for the "bait and switch" on room rates, especially if you check in late at night. Check your bill carefully!!!!! I was quoted one rate on check in and another when my bill came in the morning. Front desk staff condescending and only revised the rate after a heated discussion.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SCGrants
Online_Media_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear SCGrants,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding in regards to your room rate. It was never our intention to trick you. Once you brought this discrepancy to our attention we fixed the immediately. You left the hotel with the corrections applied and satisfied with the resolution. If I can be of further assistance in regards to this issue please let me know. I trust our actions will assuage you concern and you will elect to come see us again.

Joe S
OMM Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The rooms are clean and spacious. The advertisement on the hotel bed experience reflects exactly what we felt, ie, the beds are very good. The breakfast is very good, ótima location, ample parking, free wi-fi with good quality. For who that want to go shopping it is located close to the Premium Outlets Gaffney.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Online_Media_Mngr, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
RoneyMachado

Thank you for the kind words about the Hampton Inn Gaffney. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton inn Gaffney on your next visit to our neck of the world.

J S
OMMM
Hampton Inn Gaffney, SC
Massillon, Ohio, USA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Clean Rooms, friendly staff and free breakfast with a good variety of choices. Stayed here during a business trip. WiFi in the rooms and business center was helpful. Great location especially if you like to shop !! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear LFKMSH,

Thank you for you review. We are pleased you took advantage of our FREE WIFI and enjoyed the experience. We look forward to welcoming you on your next return to the Hampton Inn Gaffney in the future. Again on behalf of the staff and management we thank you for your kind words.

Thanks,
J.S.
OMM
Hampton Inn Gaffney,SC
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was driving to Fort Benning, Georgia from Northern Virginia and needed a place to stay. I have never been through this area before and was beginning to feel tired after driving most of the day. When the Hampton Inn appeared I was ready to pull in. To be honest, I was not sure what to expect and I was more than pleased.

The front desk person was wonderful as the tiredness really kicked in as I was checking in. She even found me a discount as we talked. I did think it was a little pricey for the area, but I was not going to quibble when I needed a good rest.

The room was wonderful, clean and quiet. Being so close to the highway I expected more noise and was grateful there was none. They had fresh cookies in the lobby -which were wonderful. I had stopped earlier so I brought in my salad for dinner. I was able to use my computer via the free wi-fi and just relax and watch some TV. I slept like a baby.

I had some breakfast which turned out fine and read the paper. I was able to get moving on the rest of my journey with renewed energy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Marie N,

On behalf of the management and staff of Hampton Inn Gaffney, we want to say thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you slept well, and refreshed for your trip. Sound like you got an opportunity to take advantage of several of our features. We hope to see you again real soon and welcome you back to Hampton Inn Gaffney.

J.S.
OMMM
Hampton Inn Gaffney, SC
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Old, worn out, and not that cheap. It is crowded so it must the best place around. The business center was terrible, the "free" breakfast wasn't worth the price. I was forced to stay their on a business trip to the area, staying in Spartenberg 20 miles away might be an option for the next time I travel. And it is next to an outlet mall for the extra ambiance.

Room Tip: Try a different city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Curtis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies that your stay wasnt perfect. Please give us a call at 864-206-0011, if you would like to give us another chance with staying with us.

Shawn lalli, GM
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We decided on a last minute shopping trip to the outlets in Gaffney, SC. On the way I phoned to see if the Hampton Inn had a vacancy as we would be arriving around 1:00 am. The gentleman on duty was very friendly and assured me we would have a room when we arrived. When we arrived the check in was very quick. The rooms were very pretty and the beds were very comfortable. We got up early for a day of shopping (the outlets are within walking distance) and had the continental breafast. There was a good variety of foods to choose from and the food was good. I would definitely stay there again as the service was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Curtis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property, Hampton Inn Gaffney. Managment and staff love to hear feedback for our guest.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2012

when my wife and I do get a chance to travel we have always stayed at your hotels but the hotel in Gaffnee.SC was so filthy we had to leave. My wife cried when we had to leave but come on who could sleep in a room with urine stained chairs and walls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank benny_jones45
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel. I would like to extend my apologies that your stay at our hotel wasn't perfect. Please call me directly at 864-206-0011 so i can resolve the matter. I am committed to providing an excelllent hotel experience for each one of our guest and i look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shawn Lalli, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
Baymont Inn & Suites Gaffney
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North
Super 8 Gaffney
Super 8 Gaffney
#7 of 8 in Gaffney

Been to Hampton Inn Gaffney? Share your experiences!