“What a pleasant surprise”

Hampton Inn Gaffney
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gaffney
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Staying at a Hampton Inn does not raise a very high expectation, but this property could easily be a part of a more prestigious brand. The lobby gave the first hint, with a comfortable sitting area around a large fireplace, and the very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room itself was not fancy, but was large and amply furnished. It was also impeccably maintained and clean with every possible feature and amenity that could be expected. The bed was comfortable with a variety of pillows, the bath was well furnished with toiletries and towels, and the climate control worked quietly and efficiently. I am sensitive to road noise, but even though the property is close to the freeway, I heard nothing. Breakfast the next day was traditional southern hospitality including hot items such as eggs, sausage and biscuits. The price was higher than many other Hampton Inns, but the property showed so much pride of ownership that I felt it was appropriate for the value provided. Although I only stayed one night, the room would have worked perfectly for a longer stay. Restaurants and stores at the outlet mall next door offer plenty of choices for dining or shopping.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Electric2
seortega, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We are so glad to hear that you liked our property. We do take pride in the breakfast and the hotel itself. We enjoy every single customer that comes through our doors. We think of you as family and friends not as customers. We look forward to your next visit at the Gaffney location.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Gaffney

Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I loved this Hampton inn. Good location, clean and friendly staff. This is the kind of place you can appreciate after a long day of driving on the the interstate. The outlet mall next door has some good buys and lots of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank rentlady
seortega, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Just wanted to say thank you for your kind words. We here at the Hampton Inn Gaffney treat every customer like family. We are so glad you stayed with us and look forward to your next stay. And of course as always thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Checked into this Hampton Inn at the last minute while visiting the Carolina's and taking fall photos. Reception was friendly and courteous. The room was huge, clean, and comfortable. The bed... well, nothing compares, I wanted to take the bed and comforter home with me. The Internet worked great. The breakfast was fine and included eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, yogurt, fruit and coffee, tea, and juices. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank WorldWanderer99
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I was recently driving through South Carolina for a family reunion and stopped mid-way at the Hampton Inn in Gaffney.

I assumed for the expense ($150 with taxes) that the place would be excellent, but it was rather average and unexciting. The room was clean, but out of date. There were not glasses for water in the room, which seemed like a normal thing to have in any hotel room (only paper cups for coffee/tea to use).

The only bonus is the location right next to the Gaffney outlet mall and the staff which were nice and friendly.

Next time, I will save about $50-$70 dollars and find another hotel in the area or drive 20 miles to Spartanburg.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PassportWillTravel3
Shawn L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Dear PassportWillTravel3,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on you stay at the Hampton Inn Gaffney. We are constantly working to improve our Hotel and your feedback has helped us greatly.
We were glad to hear you comments about the Staff. We have lots of comments telling us of their friendliness and helpfulness. We hope you will reconsider, and allow us to welcome you back next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The hotel was nice and clean. Nothing at all wrong with the place except the fact that the rooms are waaaaay overpriced. My mom and I only stayed one night and then went over to stay at the Red Roof Inn on the same exit for less than half the price at the Hampton Inn. The only thing the Red Roof Inn lacked compared to the Hampton Inn was the hot breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TrentRocksHardcore
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stopped on our way north from Georgia. Got in late without a reservation. The desk person was very helpful and pit us in a king non smoking room - perfect. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. There were plenty of towels which is not the
norm for a hotel off of Rt. 85.
The only less than perfect part of our stay was the breakfast. The attendant was very pleasant and helpful it was the quality of the food that was lacking.

• Stayed: August 2011
seortega, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

I am so glad that you enjoyed our bed here at the hotel. We get many comments regarding the bedding here. As to the hotel towels we always like to put the little extra, because at home you can always grab extra and we strive to make this your home away from home. As to the breakfast food choices, we do not have much control over that. We have to go by a guide line given to us, but I will say that since your visit in August we have added a few more hot item selections and have had many compliments on it. So come on back and try us again we would love to see ya'll again....
Thank you again!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

This hotel is off the beaten path and in a quiet location off the interstate. There's a few restaurants right next door and a shopping outlet. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me...LOL. One thing I really liked about this place was the front desk staff. When I arrived I realized I had forgotten the wall charger for my cell phone. I asked the front desk man (wish I could remember his name!) where an AT&T store was and he actually pulled the phone book out, looked up an AT&T store then called the 1-800 number to find the closest store to us and wrote down the address and phone number for me....Wow....Later in the evening I went out to pick up dinner from a local restaurant. When I got to my room I realized no silverware in the bag. No problem. Went to the front desk and they handed me silverware. Very nice people and great location if you want quiet.....Will definately return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
seortega, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gaffney, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Hi twags from Deltona!
We welcome all comments and reviews of our hotel. But we really enjoy reviews like yours! Our front desk staff is one of the best I have worked with in a long time. I believe each one of us up here thinks of this property as a 2nd home. We enjoy our guest and are very pleased that you had such a great experience with us. We certainly hope that on your next trip to our area you stay with us again!

Thank you again from, the Hampton Inn Front Desk Staff!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaffney
Sleep Inn
Red Roof Inn Gaffney
#5 of 8 in Gaffney
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North
Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall

Been to Hampton Inn Gaffney? Share your experiences!