“Fripp has changed”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fripp Island
Fripp Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fripp Island
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been coming to Fripp since the late 1970s with fantastic memories. Unfortunately, it appears Fripp's standards have changed and not for the good. The food was terrible and over priced. The house was unclean, filled with roaches, a black widow and brown recluse spider. My daughter has flea bites all over her body from walking outside on the porch and from playing on the beach. The people are unfriendly and rude. No more do you see the happy smiling faces as you drive your golf cart by each other. It took 3 calls to management to get them to take care of a hornets nest. When I expressed my concerns....management acted like they could careless.....will never go back!!!!! $4500.00 wasted

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Tinymedic

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was 9 years old the first time I came to Fripp and it was wonderful. We just left from our family vacation and I'm sad to say we will never go back. The rental house was unclean, the people were rude, the service was poor and over priced. I have wonderful memories of this Island and hoped my daughter would have the same. We will make memories some where else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Angela L
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family has been going to Fripp every summer for 16 years. I thought that the kids would get tired of it when they hit the teen years, but it never happened. This summer there where 5 of us. We always stay in a beach front house and walk miles on the beach. It is so quiet. Up at 8:00, walk 3 miles with my youngest daughter, come back and sit on the porch watching the ocean and eating watermelon until time to go in and cook a big breakfast. Ride in the golf cart, look for gaters, fish, surf near the club, catch and release crabs, take a nap, cook a big dinner, another walk, rent a kayak, watch TV, work a puzzle, play some games, and get up and do it again. I love it! Usually we go in late May and that is better than July. this was the latest in the year that we have gone and it was a lot more crowded. Buy your groceries in Beaufort as there are limited supplies on the island. The Beach House makes great She Crab soup. Wonder over to Bubba's to look around and the Shrimp Shack for lunch. The only thing that would make Fripp better is grandkids! I can't wait to take them!

Room Tip: If you can afford it book on the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

we are in fripp now, day 6 of 7 day stay. we were here from 1990-1996 and stayed at our family home. so returning 17 years later has been very special. we rented a private one bedroom condo on hampton on fripp. it was nice, clean and facing the ocean.although it could use some updating, it was reasonable.we did not have amenities cards,and we don't miss them ( they weren't so mandatory years ago!!) we knew to shop in the stores in and near beaufort.have enjoyed the views, wildlife,walks,trips to beaufort and savannah.loved checking out the back roads on neighbouring islands.highlights for us- Gays seafood,jumbo shrimp. so fresh good and flavourful$12 a pound right now. roadside stands for boiled peanuts, fresh watermelon , peaches and tomatoes. buying a sweetgrass basket right from the lady making them on the side of road coming in from beaufort. water festival in Beaufort with aerial show of biplanes.the various art stores in beaufort...our fav was the Rhett gallery. In Savannah,the boutiques along River street,waving girl statue and the Bonaventure cemetary with old oak trees dripping with spanish moss, dark lanes, stories of haunted and history before civil war.hope I wont have to wait another 17 years to return. still love the south

Room Tip: research out first what you are hoping for.if restaurants etc,get amenities cards.we chose to cook f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We rented a beach house with my family. It was highly recommended we purchase the ammenity cards so we did. At $50.00 per card it was a huge waste of money. We were never asked for more than one of our cards for a party of 10. My husband played golf each day and the courses were very scenic and enjoyable however the pools and food court area need updated. Everything was run down and dirty. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Me and my husband vacation 4-5we times a year. We were here in june. We wasted half aday because we had to move due to condo water problems, they did upgrade us to beachfront, so we were nice and understanding even though we were not supposed to have been sent to said room, which took us half an hour to carry stuff up 2in flights of stairs. We also receieved parking tickets which they told us to park there. This also had to be straightened out. We were dumb enough to bring our grandkids here in july, 3 weeks later. When I booked room, I specifically asked if room comes with golf cart and was told it did. Guess what, when we got here was told, room does not come with golf cart. They did not have any left nor did any of the other rentals within 50 mile radius. We will never be back, not worth all the headaches.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank poffmom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Recently we rented on Fripp & one evening had dinner reservations at the Marina. My Father, who lives locally in the Beaufort area and rarely gets out due to health issues was able to join us only to be denied entrance to the restaurant because of no guest amenity card.
Our family, of 15, had to leave & make new dining arrangements.
I understand Fripp has policies to follow but I found this rude, disrespectful and completely insensitive. Fripp Island has definitely left me with a bad impression and will never be at the top of my list for a future beach getaway.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Wyndham Ocean Ridge
Wyndham Ocean Ridge
#1 of 1 in Edisto Beach
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island

Been to Fripp Island Resort? Share your experiences!