“Worth finding”

Dining options: Breakfast
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Worth finding”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was wonderful, taking American classics and giving them just the right twist. Like sweet potato tots!! I wish is was a bit easier to get to, it is in a hotel that is off the highway and awkward to get to.

Visited July 2013

Fort Mill
“Good Sunday Brunch Place”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tried the Sunday Brunch. Omelet was very good and seasoned well. Eggs can tend to be bland but these had almost a smokey flavor. Grits were also very good. Could have been a little creamier -- just a tad on the thin side. Quiet atmosphere. Restaurant appears to have been recently renovated. Still needs some cosmetic touches on the exterior. Mainly front door and sidewalk. Overall good meal. Very good service. Would definitely return for brunch.

• Visited August 2013
SC
“Appreciate The Effort”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have dined @ their other restaurant Passion8 a number of times and the food & service are always excellent. I learned about this place last week and couldn't wait to try them out for lunch this week. I applaud their efforts to bring an affordable sit-down restaurant to the area however, I was not blown away by the food. We had house salad & soup of the day for starters. Salad was average and soup which was chicken & veggies w/beans was very tasty but not hot. Also had club sandwich w/turkey & greek salad with shrimp. The sandwich was huge but the fries were almost burned and also not very warm. The server ranted about the greek salad dressing but I was not thrilled with it. It seemed mayonnaise based (very thick) and not the traditional oil with herb greek salad dressing that I prefer, the salad was fresh with awesome olives. I think the prices were reasonable and the service was good, huge portions on all the plates that I saw. We visited during the height of lunch and there were less than 10 tables. I really feel they need to change the décor inside & out. You would not be encouraged to stop if you just drive into the parking lot as it and the entry are not inviting at all. The walkway & back of the building are sort of crumbling. I'm sure it's a better view if you enter through the hotel lobby. The décor is dismal & while I know they didn't have a lot to work with the interior looks almost the same as it did 5-6 years ago. The tables are small and the chairs look like someone grabbed them from a nearby conference room. I really object to the plastic Pepsi glasses and the walls are very bare except for a TV on the wall that divides the tables from the booths. I'm glad that they have received several very good reviews and I will probably try them again for dinner or even weekend breakfast but I won't be rushing back.

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worth Finding”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We've had about six meals here so far and all have been very good. Much cheaper than Passion8 Bistro but the quality and service are there. In fact its so reasonable we may just skip cooking at home and eat here every night! I do hope they will start adding more wines, though. I've already had all four multiple times.

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Oh, the fine line between wanting a whole lot of people to visit an awesome restaurant so it stays in business and wanting to keep a hidden gem to yourself so you can actually get a seat when you go! Chef Luca has done it again. The fella and I are big fans of Passion8, and when we heard he was opening another restaurant, we had to go.

The hotel itself is old and undergoing a renovation (the parking lot was being repaved while we were there), and there were a few unsavory characters lurking about, but the restaurant is so worth looking past all that. The ambiance is a little lacking, but they've done the best they can with what they have. Booths are little close together and most tables seemed to be small two-tops, but the restaurant itself is spacious, and we got an "ocean view" according to the hostess, when she seated us next to the window overlooking the pool. Ha!

Our waitress was so nice and engaging and friendly, I can't say enough good things about her. And all around us, other waiters/waitresses were chatting with their customers and talking about how the restaurant came to be, what's coming up, thanking them for coming, etc.

Onto the food! I went the healthy route and got a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of broccoli, the veggie of the day. The bun was buttery and crispy on the edges, which I love, and the broccoli had some garlic on top. It was all delicious. Although the Hot Mess Burger looked awesome, the fella built his own and got extra American cheese and a fried egg. He said the egg was cooked perfectly - not runny, not too fried - and the burger rivaled some of the better ones he's ever had. He asked for it medium rare, and it was a little closer to medium, but no biggie. We also got a glass of Pinot Grigio (their wine delivery hadn't happened as planned, so they only had one type) and a glass of bourbon.

And now for the best part... all that came to less than $34. What?? They really could (and should) charge sooo much more for the quality of food they're serving, but I'll take the low prices!

At the end of the meal, Chef Luca came out to say thanks, and when we told him we were interested in trying their breakfast, he emailed me their breakfast menu directly. Swoon. :-) I can't wait to go back for breakfast... and lunch... and dinner again... mmmm.

• Visited June 2013