“Local dish fort mill sc”
Review of Local Dish

Local Dish
Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Fort Mill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Loved the scallops appetizer. I frequently order shrimp and grits in various restaurants; I think that should qualify me as a connoisseur. And the shrimp and grits at Local Dish is "to die for"! All five diners in our party found their food excellent.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

When our friends suggested this place and we had never heard of it we pulled it up and thought, "uh oh", but I have to tell you that I was dead wrong in assuming anything but great food would come out of here. I had the seared scallops and I would put them up against Del Friscos any day of the week and this place is 1/3 the cost. I have to say that someone knows what they are doing back there. Don't get rid of that person is my strong recomendation. Overall, you get a really decent meal at a good price.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my second trip to this restaurant, the first being some time ago. I had the Chicken Pot Pie. When it came out, it looked fine. After puncturing the top of the flakey crust, I discovered that a lot of what I thought was pie was actually air. The dish was about 5 inches in diameter and had about 1-1/2 inches of pie in it. Nothing else came with it. Another restaurant in a close by town offers a larger chicken pot pie with a salad for about $3.00 less. The taste was OK, but nothing special. Service was average.

1  Thank RHTinMan
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We used this site and picked this restaurant while staying in the Charlotte, NC area. It was a Wednesday night and the place was full, but we were seated right away. The service was very attentive. We ordered the Chicken Potpie and the pulled pork sandwich with the fried green beans! Both meals were delicious! The chocolate pie desert was rather like a brownie in a pie crust, which was also delicious! Very local restaurant using local establishments for suppliers, which is always nice.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We liked the commitment to using local ingredients and thought they turned out some very good food. The pork belly appetizer and bread pudding were real standouts. And the shrimp and grits seemed to be a unique spin on an all too common dish. Service was warm and welcoming. Prices were reasonable.