“Vacation Time”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Fort Mill
Fayetteville, United States
“Vacation Time”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall great stay. No problems with the staff of hotel. Location is kind of hidden away, which is nice. Don't hear the cars going by. Close to the park to walk if you want, and plenty of places close by to eat at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Markham, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Great value for your buck! Conveniently located off I-77. Stopped off for one night on our way down the south-eastern USA. Albeit the area seems a little dated, the Hotel is nestled away from noise and traffic. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Lots of parking and solid wi-fi. There is a decent fast fast food place (Culvers) within walking distance. Thumbs up!

• Stayed August 2013
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean. It is very close to Carowinds. We enjoyed our stay and if we had any questions or needed directions, the staff always met our needs. Beds were very comfortable. i would recommend staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWCAROWINDS, FRONT DESK at Best Western Carowinds, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 803-548-8400.

NC
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here while fishing a bass tournament. I stayed in a king room which was large and very comfortable. The bed slept good, the shower was nice, the room was clean and best of all the price was right. The staff were polite and they worked with me on keeping the same room for another night. I did not try the breakfast station due to leaving out early. Even though there are plenty of hotels closer to the lake, if we come back next season I will be staying at this Best Western.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BWCAROWINDS, FRONT DESK at Best Western Carowinds, responded to this review, August 3, 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Yes, the hotel was clean and comfortable. However, while we were at Carowinds for the day, my son's iPod was taken from our room. It was on the desktop before we left, and it was not there when we returned. Just to be sure, we looked through our baggage and all over the room before we reported it. When I told the front desk, the woman said, "Do you think _____took it? (I believe she said the name Alice.). THEN she asked me what our room number was. I asked to speak with a manager. She said the manager would call me when he arrived at 2:00. After 2 days of waiting and many calls, I finally told the woman at the front desk that not only was it unacceptable that an item was taken from my room, but that the manager is not calling me back to address my concern. I notified her that I would be contacting the Fort Mill police to make a report and would be notifying other customers on Trip Advisor. A few minutes later, I got a call back from the "manager" who said he was out of town on business, yet was calling from the hotel's main number. He did not begin by asking me to explain my concerns, but immediately said that the hotel staff couldn't possibly have taken the property from our rooms, saying that we probably misplaced it. He told us that housekeeping searched the room and didn't find it. However, the iPod never left the room and we searched the whole room ourselves first. Every time that I tried to speak, he interrupted me and dismissed anything I had to say. I continued to try to tell him that the iPod was on the table in the morning and disappeared while we were at the park and that it was not taken out of the room by us. He did not listen. He continued to say that they work with the police to put up signs saying not to leave valuables in the room, like it dismisses them of all liability. After he said his part and then interrupted me while I tried to explain what happened, he hung up on me. I will be contacting the BBB about the manager's horrible customer service and the lack of concern for theft at their establishment.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank SomebodySam
BWCAROWINDS, General Manager at Best Western Carowinds, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
WE OUTLINE THE ACTUAL FACTS & PROOF

1. 2 independent (1 housekeeper & 1 desk clerk) as witness checked and nothing was in the room, this was clearly told to the guest

2. PROOF - from the lock diagnostic print out, the guest was the only one whom had previously used the key

3. FACT - all housekeepers are long in service, we have never had any guest complaint of such in about 10 years of business

4. FACT - there is also signage to remind the guest to check their belonging before they vacate the room

MANAGEMENT
port st. lucie, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The staff was courteous and the rooms were clean. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate any needs that we had. I stayed with my husband and two boys. The pool had been closed due to earlier storms and showers. When we inquired about a pool, the lady at the desk told us that the pool had been closed for the day. A few minutes later, she approached us and said that she had checked with the weather advisory and management, and since it had stopped raining over an hour ago, she would unlock the gate and that we would be able to use the pool for the night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWCAROWINDS, FRONT DESK at Best Western Carowinds, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at this hotel, in the middle of the night and two days early. We needed to leave our rented condo in Myrtle Beach(bugs!). They were able to provide a very clean room and a typical breakfast. The woman who was working the front desk in the day was very nice and always working! I would stay here again if in the area.

1 Thank ChrisL02_94
BWCAROWINDS, FRONT DESK at Best Western Carowinds, responded to this review, July 10, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Mill
Courtyard Charlotte Fort Mill, SC
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
#10 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Best Western Carowinds? Share your experiences!