“Horrible”

Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Fort Mill
“Horrible”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

So me & my mother have just arrived at the hotel & we were reading the reviews .. as I read the first one I started getting nervous .. I was saying mom maybe we should leave, 5 seconds after she left out the bathroom & saw a pillow will a LIVE roach .. before she seen it I was laying on a different pillow but I was constantly itching .. I'm pretty sure that this hotel is dirty. It has nice pricing & view .. but I haven't seen anything like this .. its disgusting, around the sink is dirty .. no refrigerator & poor services .. there is constant arguing on the floor we're on & I thought hotels were for a nice quiet place to stay? I will NEVER come back to Motel 6 on Carowinds Blvd!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank briannab01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lesage, West Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

its about time a motel lets you have your pet without paying a high amount and the room is clean and convenient to highway and restaurants i reserved my room without using my credit card,they gave me aaa discount there is no charge for cancellation

Room Tip: call for room close to outside door if you have a pet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The week end that I stayed we had children running and screaming in the halls at all hours. A drunk man locked out of room by wife/girlfriend and banged on his door and yelled until 3:00am. My neighbor played guitar, yelled at her dog and opened and slammed her door until 3:30am. No iron, tissues, hair dryer or coffee pot in rooms and walls paper thin. It seems there were a couple of families living in this motel. Was scared to leave room after dark. Management did not hear nor control the situations. Would not ever stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Monatreasureisle

Travelers are raving about these Fort Mill hotels

TUCKER
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location is a short walk to Carowinds but that is the highlight. The room had a air freshener smell that I was allergic to. Had a small old tv. No hair dryer no microwave and no coffee maker. Just a room. . Next time I will pay more for a room for better stuff.

• Stayed September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2012

i had no problem when i come to this motel.
my room is always clean. the staff is nice,
plus i had to go out to my car for something and left
door open no money missing.smile so i feel if u don't
like it don't stay. but its okay with me. matter a fact. am staying this wednesday.

Room Tip: just ask the service staff to lt u see it first.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon Hill, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at this motel quite a bit. The guy manager was always there. Their was a girl manager want to be there today 9-6-2012. We picked up food after a dental appointment. Got back to the hotel. Card did not work, my husband went to have it fixed. We had our dog with us, he is an older dog. Sweet does not bother anybody. They had a homeless girl that moved in with one of the guys staying there. She has a pit bull. I ask her if I needed to take my dog down to the office. She said no he doesn't bit. When she came by us. Her dog grabbed my dog would not let go. They girl that came up there said how sorry she was. That the girl is not a registered gust there. At that time the manager said you need to do something before you talk. She is suppose to be here. She never once said I am sorry. I was totally upset. I thought the dog was going to kill both of us. She had an attitude from the start. Then she had the nerve to tell me she wanted us to leave because she didnt like my attitude. Then the lieing started. I did get upset then. She took that girl in an office with the dog. Ask a paying customer to leave. Then the York County Sherriff's came out. They did nothing. They did not even take that dog to the pound. One of them said dogs will be dogs. She stayed at that hotel with the dog. Trust me we did nothing wrong. Came down to see our grandsons ball game which we missed because we spent 6 hours in the ER at the pet hospital and all that money. I am not the type of person that will let this go. I contacted an attorney. Plan to visit the news paper tomorrow. I will take this all the way to the governor of South Carolina if I have to. Like I told the police officer after both the manager her friend the homeless girl and somebody else they got to lie. We could stand there all day and tell you this or that. Get the video look at it. It won't lie. I am sure they didn't. That could have been a child that dog got a hold of. The girl saying oh he don't bite. She had only had the dog 2 weeks. She don't even know if he had shots. She said the person who gave her the dog said it did. The officers said they couldn't tell me that. I had to call the humane society. After I did that. The officer called me back and told me. Sad part is. People shouldn't mix their job with their friends.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the motel 6 at carrowinds. Lot of other excellent motels there. They need a new ma...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherri C
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Based on the reviews I was expecting a little more. It is a budget hotel and the photos of the building, lobby and pool are not accurate or even of this property. The only thing that is correct are the bedspreads in the room. Our check-in was delayed as we requested a non-smoking room and we were told we should have guaranteed it is we really wanted it. i had to pull out the confirmation email I received aft booking directly through them. After a search through the hotel rooms we were finally assigned a non-smoking room on the first floor. As far as Motel 6 rooms, this was below the standard which is just a typical budget room. The carpet, bedding and air had a damp feeling to them. Our fridge smelled like rotted food and did not get cold and the hallways reeked of animal urine. I have five cats and I could barley stand it as we went to our room. The stench did not permeate into the rooms, but it was still gross. I understand they allow pets, but they should not be allowed to use the hallway as a bathroom. Although it was across the street from Carowinds, we will not be returning. I realize it was at a budget motel, but It was not even worth the budget price.

Room Tip: first floor hallways reek of animal urine
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
Sonesta ES Suites Charlotte
#10 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to Motel 6 Charlotte Carowinds? Share your experiences!