“Loved it! Make reservations!”
Review of Passion8 Bistro - CLOSED

Passion8 Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We love food. And food created with passion is the best way to celebrate this life. We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere that is both inviting and tranquil in which to dwell on what is really essential. Our devotion to exceptional quality from local producers is what we believe creates exquisite dishes and ultimately a better world. Our daily dinner menu offers an opportunity to consistently create dishes that are at peak freshness with a focus on showcasing the highest quality ingredients at any given time. Much of the produce we select is grown locally in keeping with our vision to emulate the great European tradition of hospitality- both on the plate and in the glass. Our romantic hideaway will have you transported to a different time and place where all that matters is right now. Come experience the rhythm and flavors of Passion8 Bistro where life becomes a little slower with each delectable bite… Our goal is to exceed your expectations with each visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Loved it! Make reservations!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Such a cute/interesting place with great food, great service! This was an old brothel and is decorated in kinda dark red, low light type of atmosphere. We were there for my birthday but also saw many business folks there. I would not take kids...it's too nice for little ones. Everything we ordered was delicious. I had a wonderful flight of red wines and our waitress was fantastic...even brought me a desert for my birthday. Definitely a one of a kind place that you must try. Don't let the shabby location/parking lot turn you off!

1 Thank carriefromcharlotte

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Like Being Wedged Into A Sardine Can”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a restaurant with a great operating concept - an imaginative menu, lots of locally sourced dishes, really great food that is beautifully prepared and presented, and a professional, courteous Wait Staff. However, the facility in which the restaurant is housed is small and poorly designed (it is the ground floor of an old residence - lots of small rooms connected by narrow hallways), and there are simply TOO MANY tables smashed into TOO LITTLE space. While sitting down to a meal, you cannot help but be part of the conversations in all of the tables around you - there isn't enough room between you and the nearby tables for you to raise your elbows, or slide your chair back a bit, without bumping into other diners at the tables around yours. The food was great; the dining experience left A LOT to be desired.

• Visited October 2012
North Carolina
“Every bit as good as they say it is!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

After reading that this was the top-rated Zagat's restaurant in the Charlotte area, we had to go here. Made a reservation for my husband's birthday and told them we would be celebrating. They did not disappoint! The decor inside is a delightful blend of rustic and sophisticated, the wait staff are efficient, friendly and professional with great knowledge of the food and wine. The food, however, is simply out-standing - on a par with anything I've had New York City fine restaurants. The menu changes daily to ensure the chef is using only the freshest, local ingredients. I had a pork chop that was melt-in-your mouth wonderful and the chef didn't even bat an eye when I insisted on having it well done! Lots of chefs would have tossed the chop on the grill and forgotten about it, then served something dry and gray. This was moist to perfection, and served with the most delicious creamed collards I've ever had. The wine list is not extensive, but the selections are very good, with a handful of by-the-glass options that are every bit as excellent as the bottles. Value was also outstanding - we had a full meal, including appetizer, entree, dessert and alcohol for just over $100. Overall, Passion8 is a total winner, and we'll definitely return here for our next special occasion.

• Visited February 2013
Matthews, North Carolina
“Passion 8 Bistro -- So worth the drive!!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A small beautifully decorated restaurant in Fort Mill, SC. Our experience from start to finish was excellent. Our waiter, Zach (I think) was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and made wonderful suggestions.
The calamari appetizer was shared by my table (4 people in our party) and was definitely a hit. I ordered and ate what I believe was the BEST scallop dish ever.
Upon leaving the restaurant, we had the chance to speak with the chef. He explained to us that the restaurant uses as much local product as possible.
I asked him to share his sauce for the scallops -- that he declined!!! Shucks. It was incredible, you could eat it with a spoon.
This restaurant was a 1/2 hour plus drive for us - but worth every mile.
We will certainly be back.

• Visited February 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Romantic place to eat”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The small restaurant creates a lovely atmosphere. We were very impressed with both the presentation and taste of our dishes. An excellent wine selection is available. The scallops and lamb were fantastic. it is less than 2 miles off I-77 if you are traveling. I highly recommend this over a Bonefish or Carrabba's.

Visited May 2012