“Nice Off-season experience”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Fort Mill
Wheaton, IL
“Nice Off-season experience”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here two nights for a business-related event we were putting on nearby and found everything to be very satisfactory. The staff was accommodating, room seemed pretty clean, bed was comfortable, chair and ottoman in the room were solid and in good shape. Desk and wifi access were sufficient. Found the breakfast to be above average as these sorts of packages go. Obviously Carowinds is closed for the season so the hotel was not anywhere close to fully booked, but it was a good indicator that even in the "off season" the staff is not letting down its guard.

Room Tip: You should be happy to know that you won't freeze if it's cold outside--I was there on a mor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. It was absolute honor having you stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff “THANK YOU” If you need any help with reservations or have any questions please give us a call at 803-548-0100
Quality Inn Carowinds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbia SC
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was an excellent experience, I couldn't have asked for anything to be any better ! The rooms were very clean, & spacious, the breakfast area had really good selections and well kept, the hotel is very close to the interstate with easy access on and off, you can walk to the Cracker Barrel next door to eat or if you need something else, there's a convenience store with gas station right beside the hotel. The staff is very attentive to your needs.. I had called before arrival & asked about a certain tv channel, when getting there, Brittany remembered that and told me the channel number. Susie who does the breakfast remembered to ask me about my class. My room had a king size bed, a coffee pot, frig and microwave plus a chair with a footstool which to me was really nice, I sat there while watching the basketball games. This was more than what I expected, will definetly want to stay here again and tell others !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear LadyV1ls

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff. Your feedback is very valuable in our ongoing efforts to provide our guests with the highest level of service and the most welcoming accommodations possible. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review along with pictures. We look forward to having you visit us again soon. If you need help with any reservations in the near future please call 803-548-0100 and we will more than happy to assist you.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I found Quality after leaving another hotel that booked me in a smoking room.I walk in and was greeted so warmly by Ms Chris, a front desk person originally from NY like myself. When told of my ordeal, she assured me that the hotel was 100% nonsmoking (Im an asthmatic). The room was immaculate and comfy. The breakfast was tasty and offered a great variety. The halls are quiet and well kept. Being a single female travelling alone, I felt safe although the unmanned back entry to the parking lot is somewhat desolate at night. My overall experience was excellent and I'd agree that this is the best value for the money!

• Stayed October 2013
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Alexis M
Thank you for you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. It was absolute honor having you stay with us. On behalf of Chris and our entire staff “THANK YOU” for giving the staff here at Quality Inn a chance to provide the absolute best hospitality in the area. If you need any help with reservations or have any questions please give us a call at 803-548-0100
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

First do not believe a word about the mold or paint issue. Those reviews are dumb and stupid. Overall it was an excellent hotel great location. You could not get a cleaner room. Excellent price and overall a great stay. Will be a.repeat customer

1 Thank jonathan l
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Jonathan1
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Quality Inn across the street from Carowinds and had a great experience. Our rooms were clean, the breakfast was great, it was quiet and the staff were amazing. Azure checked us in with a warm smile and happy attitude. She even called to make sure we were happy with our rooms. Andre was very kind, accommodating and a pleasant conversationalist.

• Stayed October 2013
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Traveler198013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for acknowledging our wonderful staff. Your feedback is very valuable in our ongoing efforts to provide our guests with the highest level of service and the most welcoming accommodations possible. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review and we look forward to having you visit us again soon. If you need help with any reservations in the near future please call 803-548-0100 and we will more than happy to assist you.
Denver, CO
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We recently made the mistake of choosing to stay at "Quality" Inn. The property claims to have been recently updated. However, the floor in the bathroom was old and cracked, the fixtures and pictures on the walls were mounted crooked, the air conditioner seemed old and dated, and worst of all the place reeked of a moldy, mildew smell which made my husband and myself a bit ill.

I had asked for a room in a quiet location. Apparently this does not exist at this property. We arrived very late in the evening and we were tired after a day of travel. We were rudely blasted out of our bed at about 6am when a guy cranked up his diesel truck which he had decided to back up practically right against our window. There is very little separating the parking spaces from the outside wall of the building.

If it had not been so late when we arrived at the hotel, we would have promptly departed for the Best Western which is close by. We had stayed there previously, but decided to give another hotel a chance. Bad, bad decision on our part. We do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just do not stay at this hotel. Period.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AAGeorgiapeach

First I would like to Thank You for posting your review here on TripAdvisor. When reviewing your post I was very disappointed to find that you were less than satisfied with your stay here at our hotel and more disappointed that we were not given the opportunity to correct the problem. I do apologize for our hotel not meeting your expectations during your stay. Our team takes great pride in making sure all guest rooms are clean and fresh each day, upon the next guest arrival. In fact in the history of this hotel I have not read here on TripAdisor nor have I heard of any complaints about mold and mildew. As for the renovations most of our guest have noticed and complemented us on the renovations. Once again I do apologize for our hotel not meeting your expectations.
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been here for about 3 weeks. My Father passed away two weeks ago today after a shocking reaction to the chemo that he had to have after finding out he had colon cancer. Everybody here has been great, but one employee has really stood out. Her name is Patricia Smith, and she works the front desk. She has gone out of her way to help my fiancé and I through this hard time. I just wanted to recommend this hotel. Thank you.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Jackson92802

On behalf of Patricia and our entire team we would like to offer our condolences to you and your family, we would also like to "Thank You" for taking the time to write a wonderful review during your time of sorrow. It is guest like you that makes each of our team members job rewarding. If their is anything you need during or after your stay please let us know. It has been a honor having you as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Mill
#3 of 9 in Fort Mill
Clarion Hotel at Carowinds
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill
Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Been to Quality Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!