“definitely worth the money”

Quality Inn at Carowinds
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Fort Mill
“definitely worth the money”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

my semi broke down and we found this hotel. The staff are friendlyand very helpful. The room was clean.The breakfast was so so but I can't really find a bad thing to say about this place.there is a Cracker Barrel, Subway, and a Kentucky Fried Chicken all in easy walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jailbird2052
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for posting your review here on TripAdvisor, it is always wonderful to hear our guest comments about our hotel and staff. We take great pride in making sure every guest stay is enjoyable regardless of the situation that brings them to us. And on behalf of the staff we all would like to wish you many safe journeys along the way. Also we would like to improve our breakfast bar and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by letting our one of our staff members know or by emailing me at quality.carowinds@gmail.com
Once again Thank You!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My work requires me to travel quite often so I am always in hotels. I was very impressed with the staff at this location. They were very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and had great ideas of things to do while I had time off. The front desk girl who checked me in was friendly, sweet and had a great smile for everyone. I was however most impressed with the manager Janie. She seemed to go out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. She even took time out of her busy day just to listen to me complain about my bad one. You don't often meet hotel managers with that much caring and compassion. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again when I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Traveler198013
Thank You so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay here at the Quality Inn Carowinds. It is very rewarding to hear positive comments about your hotel. I'm sure I could not be the manager I am, without the support of our owners, an amazing staff and great guest as yourself. Once again Thank You
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Me & my family had a wonderful stay at this location. the General manager Janie was great. As a former security officer for a big hotel chain, & with over 15 years in the security field, it was great to see security cameras on all the entry & exit ways of the location. The room was clean, and we enjoyed the other free luxuries that some hotels don't give you. For instance the microwave oven & refrigerator that were in the room. Also when my room was full of activities, I went into the lobby to read & mediate my bible, Ms.Janie volunteer to turn the music off while I read. I thought that was a lovely gesture. We appreciated the hospitality that this staff gave us!

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle are great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kingrob1988
Thank You so much for posting your comments here on TripAdvisor. I could not agree with you more on how important security is to anyone traveling either with someone or alone, and with security cameras around the entrances it's just simply reassuring. Also thank you for pointing out the little extras you got without paying a fortune in price. Once again Thank You and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Woodstock
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The young gal at the desk was most pleasant and gave us an upgrade room no charge so we brought her a dessert on us. With a slight problem the next morning with the wifi, the older lady at the front desk made everything work wonderfully for us.....we were more than pleased with her solution!! Good breakfast with yummy eggs, sausage, and ham....nice and clean!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David J
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn at Carowinds, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful thoughts of the Quality Inn Carowinds, it is always our pleasure to upgrade our guest when our suites are available. Our entire staff from management, front desk, housekeeping, breakfast attendant and maintenance work together as a team to make sure our hotel is fresh and clean from the moment you arrive. Also our wonderful staff takes great pride to insure each guest receives exceptional customer service throughout their stay. Once again thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts and we look forward to seeing you on next visit to Ft. Mill SC. If you need help with future reservations please call 803-548-0100
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed there twice this month. Clean, comfortable, spacious rooms. Well-lit parking area. Good hot breakfast service. Short walk (100 yards) to well-known
country dining chain. Excellent value. Easy on/off Interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GrampsX11
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Quality Inn Carowinds. Positive feedback from our guest are great tools to keep each of us motivated to continue providing excellent guest services. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit. If you need future reservations please call us at 803-548-0100

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2012

When we were here in April for one of the seasons first week ends we decided to come back for Scarowinds. It is important to be sure you get Scarowinds tickets not just the regular Carowinds tickets or you will pay twice as they close down for a couple of hours to set up for Scarowinds. We were not disappointed, Scarowinds was a blast. The hotel did not disappoint. Friendly service from the front desk, breakfast, housekeeping and even mantenance when our bathroom light stopped working. Another tip, take the front desks advise and pay for parking at the park, it is too long a walk in the dark at 10pm. I think next time we come it will be to visit the National White Water training center. The hotel employees mentioned it and it sounds like a great way to spend Sunday afternoon. Last time we went to the NASCAS hall of fame and it was just ok..This visit I was also offered to join the Choice Privleges which was quick and painless so now I will be accumulating points for their progams rewards. By signing up I also got a goodie bag as new memeber. The only thinng that could make this hotel my all time favorite would be if I could bring my little dog next time but I can understand their no pets or smoking policys are for the benefit of everybody.

Room Tip: Two story hotel with no elevator, if stairs are an issue request first floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Quality Inn Carowinds. I is always exciting to hear that our guest had such a rewarding stay. I noticed that you mentioned your first stay with us was in April 2012 for your trip to Carowinds. Even though it is only January Carowinds is gearing up for it's new season and this year the new attraction is Dinosaurs Come Alive. I hope you will be planning another trip this spring and will stay with us. Also Choice Privileges and Quality Inn offer some great promotions all during the year that you can take advantage of. We look forward to your next visit here to Quality Inn Carowinds. If you need assitance with any reservations please call us directly at 803-548-0100.
Watkinsville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Me and My family stayed here the end of August first of Septembet for my little sisters birthday to attned Carowinds. The breakfast attendent was very warm, nice,and friendly as well the second floor HSKS. Front desk was HORRIBLE. I called and asked for washclothes and front desk said she would check to see if they had any and cal back.. 1 hour later no call. So i went downstairs and she was sitting at the computer and the other front desk asked how many I needed and went and got them while the older lady who I spoke with over the phone said 'oh they called already' if you knew we had called get off your lazy bum and do your job. Not to mention she was very rude upon check in..We stood at the desk waiting for her to get off of the computer before she asked if she could help us. It definitely wasn't worth the $39 that we paid for friends and family. If it wasn't for the friendly housekeeping and breakfast staff I would have rated them terrible. If you dnt like your job get another one. It is called HOSPITALITY for a reason

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kendra P
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I do certainly apoligize for the inconvenience you endured while staying with us. You are completely right we are in the hospitality business and there is no excuse for anything less than total attention to our guest needs during their stay. I have shared your praises for the breakfast attendant and housekeeping and required the frront desk staff to be reminded that it is their job to be attentive to all ou our guest at all times. I hope you will give us another chance to prove we do offer exceptional customer service here at the Quality Inn Carowinds. If you have any questions please call 803-548-0100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Mill
#3 of 9 in Fort Mill
Clarion Hotel at Carowinds
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill
Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Been to Quality Inn at Carowinds? Share your experiences!