$109
Hampton.com
$110
Courtyard
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Comfort Inn At Carowinds(Fort Mill)(Great Value!)
$85
$66
  • Pool
$88
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$67
$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetroom was cleanfront deskwafflesnew carpetcracker barrelsausagestaff was very friendlymorning breakfastevery employeedrive hometub showerfridge and microwavewould stay againupon checkheavy trafficdouble queen room
Reviewed October 26, 2011

When flying out of Charlotte NC (a 4 hour drive from our house), we like to stay overnight just over the state line in SC so we don't have worries about missing the flight. We have stayed other places near Carowinds but this Quality Inn was by far the best. Very helpful, friendly check-in/reception and with my Choice Privileges membership we were each given a welcome goodie bag with bottled water and loads of snacks! Plus they had fresh chocolate chip cookies and apples out in the lobby/breakfast area along with tea/coffee/hot chocolate available. The room was clean, spacious and had nice amenities. We could walk over to the Cracker Barrel restaurant for dinner and it was very easy to get on/off I-77. The room was quiet and we had a great night's sleep and then there was a wonderful breakfast buffet with more options than you usually see at this type of hotel. Definitely this Quality Inn will be our choice in the future when we are up that way. Also, we ended up paying less than $53 for the night!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bouviers
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank You so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Quality Inn Carowinds, we take great pride in making sure our guest enjoy their stay with us. We hope your next travels bring you back to stay with us very soon.

Janie Carpenter

803-548-0100 P
quality.carowinds@ohmhotels.com

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here two nights, arrived after visiting the Nascar Hall of Fame, which was about 20 minutes away. First and foremost, the staff here is so friendly, everyone, from the front desk, to the breakfast attendant, to the cleaning personnel. Everyone said hello with a smile!

We chose this hotel because it is right across the street from Carowinds, and because of the price, couldn't be beat. We were able to eat breakfast and make it to Carowinds without any delays, and it was very nice to be so close when we left the park with two very tired children.

My only complaint is that our room smelled like it had previously been a smoking room. From what I understand, since this hotel just became a Quality Inn, they will be doing renovations after the Carowinds season dies down. It wasn't bad enough to ask for another room, but definitely noticeable.

The air conditioning ran constantly, which was nice from a circulation standpoint, and also that it kept the room quiet. There is no elevator, the stairs were right by our room and it was very quiet. I am a very light sleeper, and never heard a thing.

Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, delicious muffins, bagels, toast, fruit and yogurt, plus cereal for the kids. The breakfast attendant was very kind to get us extra hot water for our tea since the hot water provided was lukewarm. She also offered us bottled water for our trip on our last day when she saw us filling water bottles. We declined, but I thought that was nice of her to offer.

The rooms were clean enough that we would stay again, and like I said, the friendliness of all of the staff and the price just couldn't be beat! I would have left a 5 star rating had it not been for the smokey smell in our room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolinagirl0224
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

"Thank You" for sharing about the hotel and staff, It's alway wonderful to hear guest feedback. I'm very Sorry that you had to deal with a room someone had smoked in, we do try to make sure that all rooms are smoke free, but sometimes one may get by us. However it was nice to hear all the wonderful feedback good and bad. If I or anyone else here at the hotel can be of assistance to you please let us know. It is guest like you that makes our jobs great.

Janie Carpenter
803-548-0100

Reviewed September 15, 2010

I was given a special rate because it was a sad reason for the trip. The staff treated with such consideration of the circumstances I hope I could return on a happier occasion and stay there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank AuntLeslie
janiecar, General Manager at Quality Inn Carowinds, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

Thank You for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and for the kind words for the hotel and staff if we can ever be of assistance to you in the future please let us know.
Once again Thank You

Reviewed September 10, 2010

We had a wonderful time on our recent visit to this hotel. They had friendly, and helpful staff, a great breakfast buffet and clean rooms. We will stay here again on our next trip to the Carowinds area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TreeHuggerFilms

Thank You for choosing to stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Carowinds, and Thank You also positive comments you’ve made about our hotel. If you need assistance in the future please let us know.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

While traveling with my students, we normally find Holiday Inn to be quite a pleasant stay. But from the time that we entered this hotel, we felt extremely uncomfortable. We were given our room keys by the manager on duty (Chris) and was give a slightly warm welcome. After discovering that THERE WERE NO ELEVATORS IN THIS HOTEL, i was told that there were no more rooms avalible on the 1st floor for a student who has trouble with stairs. Later that evening, I went down to reactivate a room key and was told rudely by the same manager that she did not understand why the key had deactivated! Another collegue of mine explaned that she was rudely interupted by this manager while spreaking with another staff member. This hotel was o.k But if you stay here, please watch out for Chris!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank unccrazygirl13

I would like to take this opportunity to "Thank You" for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Carowinds, I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you endured while staying at our hotel. I can assure you that the situation with Chris will never happen again. I certainly would like for you to stay with us again in the near future and if I can be of any service to you or if you have any questions please give me a call at (803)548-0100