“Friendly Staff and Nice Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds

Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Fort Mill
Virginia
“Friendly Staff and Nice Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

As soon as I checked in I felt good about my choice. The friendly young blonde girl was super friendly and accommodating with my need to use two different credit cards since one night would be business and the rest personal.

The room was on the 1st floor and I was delighted to find that I could open my window for fresh air. The queen bed was comfortable and clean with an updated cover and the carpet looked in great condition. Had a refrigerator and microwave and a large desk area. I happened to be assigned a handicap room so I had a large bathroom that was very clean. I always wipe down the countertops in a room and when I finished with this room, there was nothing on the rag.

The toilet didn't flush on my first try and I called to ask for repair and that was handled in a timely manner. Throughout my stay the staff was super friendly and helpful. Nice place and right across the street from Carowinds if anybody's going there.

Breakfast was fresh and large variety with a large area of tables.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank TheNatureInUsdotcom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

They accommodated early arrival. Desk staff were very personal and helpful. Purchased Carowinds coupons at the hotel for a discount.
Stayed for a location close to the Carowinds amusement park. Great Italian restaurant across the HWY next to Comfort. Smoking smelled, non-smoking did not.

• Stayed August 2009
    • 4 of 5 stars
Akshar P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We apologize for the inconvenience. The hotel is under new management and we hope to better serve you in the future after we go through our extensive renovation.
Bluffton, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I don't know where to begin b/c this hotel was awful! I would never recommend it. 1) our room and the entire 4th floor had water damage and smelled moldy (including soggy, smelly, and sticky carpet) and yet they insisted on placing everyone on this floor 2) the bedding smelled of sweat even when supposedly changed 3) we couldn't communicate (housekeepers didn't speak English)and we were met with rude glares from most of the workers for a reason we didn't know 4) one worker barged into the room w/out knocking while I was sleeping at 7:30AM and still to this day I don't know why 4) I was accused of not staying here by a female greeter and that I was just using the pool although I had been there for a week at that point 5) the price is way too much and if you ask for towels or extra hangers you receive a look as if it's the strangest request and they tell you no 6)the one English speaking housekeeper gave me attitude when I was in the room when she wanted to clean, which was difficult to know when b/c it ranged from 10-3 and there's nothing to do around the hotel (Carowinds gets expensive at $40 or so a day)... please don't stay here unless you like harming yourself.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The wireless internet didn't work most of the time.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank aemley

Travelers are raving about these Fort Mill hotels

Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Ok, First I must say they don't have enough people on staff to help you when you need extra things, towels, coffee, etc...
They have a great continental breakfast, but were terrible at replenishing the items when they ran out. The pool is small, but the place is clean. I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last 3 years and I suppose I didn't go anywhere different because I was use to being there and knew it's location.

Recently I wanted to give my daughter and grandson a present..yes..a trip to Carowinds and was given an awfully hard time about using my credit card to pay for the room. This was due to the fact that I would not be accompaning them on the trip. I was told that I had to fill out an authorization form and fax it back to them. They requested me to put down all my financial information including my entire credit card number and demographic information. I was to fax a copy of my drivers license and my credit card (both front and back as well). I had already booked the room for them online, and my daughter has a drivers license and credit card for identification purposes. All I could think was, "what if someone walks by and picks up my information or my information basically ends up in the wrong hands?. I could mis-dial the number for example. So, I called the Best Western next door and 'walla!" I had their room and all she needed to show was her I.D. I will no longer be staying with Sleep Inn nor will any members of my family. I spoke directly to management and still couldn't get them to allow me to mark out a few numbers on the credit card for safety purposes. The front desk people were very rude and unreasonable when discussing this.

• Liked — Nice Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4.0 of 5 stars 327 reviews
Clarion Hotel at Carowinds
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill
Homewood Suites Charlotte/Ayrsley
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Been to Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds? Share your experiences!