“NEVER AGAIN....Worst Hotel Experience EVER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds

Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Fort Mill
Augusta, Georgia
“NEVER AGAIN....Worst Hotel Experience EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My cousins and I Decided to take the kids on a trip to Carowinds. When we made our reservations it was never asked how many people would be in each room. Needless to say we over the ration by 1 infant and the manger called to say that we needed to purchase an additional room when we already had a total of 3 rooms. At the time of check in that should have been address, because we all came in for the check-in. The manger waited until 11:00 pm to address this after a long day at the park. After we could not come to an agreement we demanded a refund because the rooms had been left untouched all day. 2 of the rooms were paid in cash and they received their refunds right away. I paid with my debit card and the money was refunded just for me to check my acct 3 days later and find another charge. Not sure why but I have my refunded receipt and this will be handled by my bank. This was the worst hotel experience EVER. Not to mentioned that I have been calling the manager for almost a week and leaving messages for him to call me back. I recommend you drive around the corner to the Best Western it was cheaper and better.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Den10ise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I called hotel to get prices. The manager must have overheard and cut in on the call. I'm glad he did. He said since I was wanting to stay 3 nights during mid-week and I was travelling alone, he would be willing to knock off 10 bucks per night. I called other hotels in the immediate area and none even came close to the deal I was being offered at the Sleep Inn. Check in was fine. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I asked about a particular restaurant and the manager mapquested its location and printed it out for me without my asking. He then showed me on the map how to get there without using the busy interstate. Above and beyond. How great is that these days? My room was excellent for the price. Pretty typical decor. Air conditioning was very cold. Plenty of hot water. Beds felt nice and I had no discomfort sleeping. Large shower. Mini-fridge worked great. Had a microwave and coffee maker in the room. I must admit, I didn't use either of them. Worst complaint would be that the large, sliding window was a bit off- kilter. I used some well folded paper to prop it into place correctly and never had a moment's problem with it. I did alert the front desk when I left about this minor detraction. Deluxe continental breakfast was really nice. Waffle maker, juices, cereal and much more. Loved the pastries. Bear claws; yumm! The pool wasn't the largest, however on my last night, I walked down and the manager unlocked the pool area just for me. I had the whole thing to myself. Very relaxing time and I got to practice a swim stroke or two. I'm not a good swimmer so this was good for me and I loved doing it without tons of kids or other watchers. Bought my Carowinds tickets at the front dest at a discount from what you will pay at the gate. I definitely found my inner-child on those rollercoasters. I would like to thank Katrina and Mr. Lakhani for being so instrumental in allowing me to feel like a kid again and making it all so easy and affordable. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Spellingchamp76
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

As soon as I checked in I felt good about my choice. The friendly young blonde girl was super friendly and accommodating with my need to use two different credit cards since one night would be business and the rest personal.

The room was on the 1st floor and I was delighted to find that I could open my window for fresh air. The queen bed was comfortable and clean with an updated cover and the carpet looked in great condition. Had a refrigerator and microwave and a large desk area. I happened to be assigned a handicap room so I had a large bathroom that was very clean. I always wipe down the countertops in a room and when I finished with this room, there was nothing on the rag.

The toilet didn't flush on my first try and I called to ask for repair and that was handled in a timely manner. Throughout my stay the staff was super friendly and helpful. Nice place and right across the street from Carowinds if anybody's going there.

Breakfast was fresh and large variety with a large area of tables.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank TheNatureInUsdotcom
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

They accommodated early arrival. Desk staff were very personal and helpful. Purchased Carowinds coupons at the hotel for a discount.
Stayed for a location close to the Carowinds amusement park. Great Italian restaurant across the HWY next to Comfort. Smoking smelled, non-smoking did not.

• Stayed August 2009
Bluffton, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I don't know where to begin b/c this hotel was awful! I would never recommend it. 1) our room and the entire 4th floor had water damage and smelled moldy (including soggy, smelly, and sticky carpet) and yet they insisted on placing everyone on this floor 2) the bedding smelled of sweat even when supposedly changed 3) we couldn't communicate (housekeepers didn't speak English)and we were met with rude glares from most of the workers for a reason we didn't know 4) one worker barged into the room w/out knocking while I was sleeping at 7:30AM and still to this day I don't know why 4) I was accused of not staying here by a female greeter and that I was just using the pool although I had been there for a week at that point 5) the price is way too much and if you ask for towels or extra hangers you receive a look as if it's the strangest request and they tell you no 6)the one English speaking housekeeper gave me attitude when I was in the room when she wanted to clean, which was difficult to know when b/c it ranged from 10-3 and there's nothing to do around the hotel (Carowinds gets expensive at $40 or so a day)... please don't stay here unless you like harming yourself.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The wireless internet didn't work most of the time.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank aemley

Travelers are raving about these Fort Mill hotels

Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Ok, First I must say they don't have enough people on staff to help you when you need extra things, towels, coffee, etc...
They have a great continental breakfast, but were terrible at replenishing the items when they ran out. The pool is small, but the place is clean. I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times in the last 3 years and I suppose I didn't go anywhere different because I was use to being there and knew it's location.

Recently I wanted to give my daughter and grandson a present..yes..a trip to Carowinds and was given an awfully hard time about using my credit card to pay for the room. This was due to the fact that I would not be accompaning them on the trip. I was told that I had to fill out an authorization form and fax it back to them. They requested me to put down all my financial information including my entire credit card number and demographic information. I was to fax a copy of my drivers license and my credit card (both front and back as well). I had already booked the room for them online, and my daughter has a drivers license and credit card for identification purposes. All I could think was, "what if someone walks by and picks up my information or my information basically ends up in the wrong hands?. I could mis-dial the number for example. So, I called the Best Western next door and 'walla!" I had their room and all she needed to show was her I.D. I will no longer be staying with Sleep Inn nor will any members of my family. I spoke directly to management and still couldn't get them to allow me to mark out a few numbers on the credit card for safety purposes. The front desk people were very rude and unreasonable when discussing this.

• Liked — Nice Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4.0 of 5 stars 321 reviews
Clarion Hotel at Carowinds
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Mill
Homewood Suites Charlotte/Ayrsley
Hampton Inn and Suites Charlotte - Arrowood Rd.

Been to Country Inn & Suites at Carowinds? Share your experiences!