“Good home cooking. With MONSTER portions”

The Wagon Wheel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Fort Lawn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
York, South Carolina
“Good home cooking. With MONSTER portions”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We hesitated on this one for quite a while....we had a few people tell us it was good, but the reviews were a little "all over the place"......oh, all of the meals I could have had here!!!
The fried squash was incredible (& a huge, cheap appetizer).
After seeing several reviews that called the salad bar GREAT, I was a little disappointed in what I saw, but let me tell you, what it lacked in variety (which was certainly adequate) it made up for in quality and freshness.
Oh yes my friends, we will be back and often!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tiny6ft10

“Great out of the way place”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very fresh salad bar, yeast rolls, and fried squash are my favorites. Although many people find their steaks great as well.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dbgraham
“Mediocore food and service.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The menu here was a bit confusing. They had daily lunch specials, but for dinner you could also order anything that was left over from lunch. The dinner menu didn't have too many choices. The fried squash is great. I was a little scared of the salad bar. Our waitress took our order but she never came back to check on us or refill our drinks. We ended up having to get the waitress for the table beside us to get everything. It wasn't terrible, but not something I would want to go back to.

• Visited June 2013
Heath Springs, South Carolina, United States
“You've got to order the fried squash”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I don't care what else you eat or order you have got to get at least one order of the fried squash. it is to die for & a must for our meal.

1 Thank Beth B
“What's going on?”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The reviews (except for out of town) are not good. Unless this restaurant has changed drastically, (which I doubt) something is going on here! Has it changed? I plan to eat there soon and will update this review.

Charlie Seng