“Good Nachos, weak drinks”
Review of Taco Boy

Taco Boy
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, SC
“Good Nachos, weak drinks”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

As always Taco Boy does great nachos and good tacos and has a lively atmosphere. Fun times with friends and a great location out on Folly are reasons to go. However, don't be fooled. Their drinks are good and tasty but a little on the weak side. Consistently on the weaker side too especially for the price. The service is good Amy, our server this trip, was very friendly and on top of everything even while they were super busy on a Saturday.
Sit out side and enjoy the beach air.

• Visited May 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Great taco spot”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Taco boy was perfect after a day at the beach. Their margaritas were delicious and tacos fresh. The highlight was the chips and salsa trio. Their green salsa was amazing, wIsh I could have take it home. If you are in Folly Beach, definitely recommend a visit

Visited May 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Taco Boy is King”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

While on Folly Beach, you must go to Taco Boy....but beware, he will take all your money! We ate there 4 times during our 7 day stay on the beach. We could not get enough of their chicken nachos or Frozen Cadillacs!!

• Visited May 2014
Folly Beach, South Carolina
“Excellent food, good for all sized appetites, fun drinks”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

As someone who really loves good food in very small portions, I love that you can try any of the list of tacos available here in a single taco. You order by the piece, so whether you want one or a dozen, you don't have to waste anything. You can also order the shell as corn, flour, or a lettuce wrap (it costs an extra 25 cents). For someone who eats very small portions, I usually get a single taco which I have trouble finishing (to compare, I usually eat about one egg and one small turkey sausage link for breakfast); my SO usually gets 3, with an average sized appetite. They tend to be around four bucks a piece, just to give an idea of the cost of dinner here (I find it to be the most reasonable on the island, since you can really customize to your appetite). There's a standard American taco that I really like (ground beef, shredded cheddar, salsa), but they also have some awesome Mahi tacos, and I've also tried the shrimp. They're all great. The drink menu is fun and island-y, and if you can't make up your mind, the servers are always very fun and helpful. I also highly recommend the salsa trio appetizer.

Visited May 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Great Mexican food.”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We ate at taco boy twice during our 4 day stay in Folly Beach. I had the carnitas quesadilla both times, absolutely delicious. I was very impressed. Nice outdoor seating and great drinks. This place comes off to me as if you've had a bad meal or two elsewhere and are dying for a great meal, come here, grab a table outside and prepare for some good Mexican grub. This was our favorite restaurant on Folly Beach.

• Visited April 2014