“Taco boy for fun & good food!”
Review of Taco Boy

Taco Boy
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Cleveland, Georgia
“Taco boy for fun & good food!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Wecalways enjoy taco boy on folly beach. Had the kimchi beef carnitas and mahi tacos. Yum! Drinks are always great too. Mojitos r excellent. Ask for extra muddled mint!!

• Visited September 2013

Grovetown, Georgia
“Good food good service”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Food was great service was great group of 8 no issues. Wait time went fast server kept glasses full. Would go back again.

Knoxville, Tn
“The Blue Door!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We sat inside and out, enjoyed the porch the most. The tacos were tasty, the quesadilla was tasty. The service was good. We went several times while we visited Folly.

“Late night snacks”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We ended up going to Taco Boy almost every night after dinner while in Folly. You can order individual tacos with either the soft or hard shell. This allowed us to taste a different one each time. We would also nacho / salsa trio each time. The nachos are warm from the oven and perfect. I don't eat tacos but my husband tried at least 4 different ones. His favorite by far was the mahi one followed by the shrimp. We sat at the bar twice and felt like service was a bit better there. He also had a Cadillac margarita each night which he said were excellent. We would make a point to go back for sure.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Poor service and sad mojito”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I and two girlfriends visited Taco Boy on Saturday, October 5. We were seated at a table right under an a/c vent, which dripped water on our table and us. Rather than offer to move us, our server simply gave us a stack of napkins on the edge of the table to "catch" the water (which wasn't effective--the water's trajectory changed with each drop). The mojito I ordered was weak at best. My friend's pineapple margarita was slightly better. I ordered chips and guacamole and a portobello taco, one friend ordered a carne asada taco, and my other friend ordered a cheese quesadilla. Our tacos arrived, but no chips and guacamole--I had to ask about it and it didn't come until AFTER we'd almost finished our tacos. My taco was good. The carne asada was reported as good, but the sauce was on the bottom rather than on top of the meat. The guacamole was also good. However, the food didn't outweigh the poor service and drinks. It's a shame, because I really wanted to like this place.

• Visited October 2013