“Yummy food”

Locklears
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locklear's Beach City Grill is a must for those who love amazing views, fabulous seafood, frosty drinks and a great time. Located on the Folly Beach pier, we offer a laid back casual dining experience with daily specials and a full bar.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant had a great view. We sat outside and overlooked the ocean. The wait was not that bad even though we had a large party and it was a holiday weekend. The food was delicious. Some of the best hush puppies I've ever had. Fried okra was like home made and was yummy. Crab legs were very good and the portion was large for the money. Everyone with us enjoyed everything they had. Would for sure return. Only giving this 4 instead of 5 stars because the service was a little slow and the hostesses were a little rude.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We spent a week at Folly Beach and this was one of the places we decided to eat supper. The place was packed. I just new we would have to wait for ever. Not true. We were told 25 min. and they had a table for us. The waitress got right to our order and the food was right out. All 6 of us were delighted with our food. No one had any complaints. They serve a whole flounder that was great. very good seafood.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was a wonderful location and we enjoyed our Mother's Day breakfast but all our eggs were either undercooked (clear eggwhites) or solidly overcooked. Would recommend it for location, friendliness of staff, but not for the food.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate at Locklears twice during our recent visit to Folly Beach. We will go back on our next visit. On one visit I had the Shrimp Burger. It was recommended by our server and she was right. Very unusual but very good. Full of shrimp and the toppings were a great addition and not overwhelming. My wife had the boiled shrimp and they were seasoned perfectly.

On our second visit I had the seafood platter. The oysters, shrimp, and flounder were very lightly breaded and fried perfectly. My wife had the seafood platter also.

Great views of the beach and right on the pier.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our first visit was great with good service and delicious food. I had shrimp and grits and my husband had a seafood pasta so I would recommend sticking with those choices. Our second visit wasn't so great, but that may be because of what we ordered. I had a green salad with crab cakes, but there were hardly any veggies on the salad and the crab cakes were gooey and tasteless. My husband had chicken wings which were fine. The place wasn't very busy both times, and it is right on the beach so I don't understand that. It's sort of quiet with no entertainment and that's a plus in my book.