“EXCELLENT SEAFOOD + EGGPLANT TOWER”
Review of Locklears - CLOSED

Locklears
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locklear's Beach City Grill is a must for those who love amazing views, fabulous seafood, frosty drinks and a great time. Located on the Folly Beach pier, we offer a laid back casual dining experience with daily specials and a full bar.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The fried shrimp and oysters were excellent. They have an Eggplant dish "Eggplant Tower" that I loved. Calamari and Fried Green Tomato appetizer are a must.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ate here on vacation and the view is amazing! We sat outside and you can literally see and smell the ocean from your table. Our server was sweet and he really seemed to like his job.
The food was ok, but nothing spectacular. We were looking for local seafood, but the only option they had for fresh, local seafood is all deep fried. It was good, but not great. I did really enjoy the fried okra with homemade ranch dressing and their tartar sauce is made fresh there and it was good.
For my husband, myself, and our two teenagers to eat plus drinks was $80, not including tip. We liked that they didn't seem very fancy which was great since we had just come from kayaking. We didn't feel out of place with our windblown hair and flip flops.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited Folly Beach again with my Wife for a few days and went to Locklear's on a recommendation from a friend. Locklear's was fantastic in every way. The service was great, the atmosphere was welcoming, and the view right on the pier is awesome. I had the shrimp and grits for dinner which was amazing and my Wife had whole, local caught flounder which she loved. We liked it enough to return the next day for lunch where I had shrimp and grits yet again, and I have no idea what she had this time because I was so focussed on mine lol. Great restaurant in a great place. If you're on Folly, don't miss it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Locklear;s does a brisk business even in the off season at the end of the Folly Beach pier. Sit inside or out and enjoy the view of the ocean while tasting a variety of fresh seafood dishes. I had lightly breaded fried shrimp with fries, coleslaw and house made hush puppies. Good price, quantity and friendly service. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

During our 7 day stay on Folly Beach, we ate here 3 times. This is a casual dining restaurant, and the food is great. I requested it be our final meal before heading to the airport, which was a great decision since they have a brunch menu Saturday and Sunday. They're shrimp and grits are delicious and comes with 2 corn fritters with tomatoe jam and if you like eggs, one of their brunch items is basically shrimp and grits with 2 poached eggs on top. I had the crab leg dinner one night and it was more than I could have expected. The boiled shrimp were well seasoned and cooked to perfection. And the she crab soup was tastey too! Everything we had was awesome! It's also located on the pier, so you have a great view of the pier and the ocean.