“Crab Burgers were good!”
Review of Locklears - CLOSED

Locklears
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locklear's Beach City Grill is a must for those who love amazing views, fabulous seafood, frosty drinks and a great time. Located on the Folly Beach pier, we offer a laid back casual dining experience with daily specials and a full bar.
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This place can be hit or miss. This visit we had hamburgers and crab burgers and fries. Bother were good but the crab burger was the best. We have been on other occasions and didn't like the food. Glad we gave them another try. As long as you have a shirt and shoes you can go in to eat from the beach. Very conveneint.

There are newer reviews for Locklears

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Food was delicious. Nice band playing while we ate was nice. Nice view of the beach and pier! The only negative was the chairs for outside dining were very cheap and didn't sit well on the treated wood.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

It was a pleasure to have lunch at this charming restaurant, in such a privileged setting.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Sorry TripAdvisor ... I just realized that I submitted this review for one of the other Locklear's locations, when it was the beach location (at the pier) that we actually enjoyed. You can remove our review from the other location of you need to.
Locklear's was supposed to be the "just a good dinner" stop Friday evening and Saturday night was supposed to be the big deal anniversary celebration dinner. In order for that to be the case we would have had to pack up our Locklear's dinner and take it to some white tablecloth place somewhere!!!!! I ordered the shrimp & grits. My wife had the salmon over grit cakes. After allowing her to taste my corn fritter, I immediately lost one of them. Could have protested but, based on experience, that would have been futile. She did trade one of her grit cakes and that wasn't a bad deal. It was all so REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good. It's the kind of meal you hope for when you have only a few tries during a special weekend. We both just kept repeating to each other "This is really, really good!" At the end, we were pretty stuffed, but when I found out that Locklear's makes their own key lime pie, we ordered one ... just one ... expecting to take 1/2 back to the room for my wife to eat later. We asked for the pie to be delivered with a "to go" box so that we could do that. The pie came, but the box did not. We assume after we looked down at an EMPTY pie plate that it was just the experience of the server! No box needed ... one bite and it was a race to the finish. I let her win, of course. When I mentioned the absence of the box, the server just looked down at the empty plate with a knowing smile. This will be a definite stop on future trips to Charleston. I travel all over the country and get to eat at very nice restaurants with clients. This may not be white tablecloth, but the food ranks with some of the best that I've had anywhere!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

had lunch 4 people all had the boardwak burgers 2 hours later we were all sick, puking & diarrihea wasted $55 bucks, call them all they had to say was sorry and go to the ER
TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW DONT EVEN GO THERE,