“A "must" on future trips to Charleston - Super Food”
Review of Locklears - CLOSED

Locklears
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locklear's Beach City Grill is a must for those who love amazing views, fabulous seafood, frosty drinks and a great time. Located on the Folly Beach pier, we offer a laid back casual dining experience with daily specials and a full bar.
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Sorry TripAdvisor ... I just realized that I submitted this review for one of the other Locklear's locations, when it was the beach location (at the pier) that we actually enjoyed. You can remove our review from the other location of you need to.
Locklear's was supposed to be the "just a good dinner" stop Friday evening and Saturday night was supposed to be the big deal anniversary celebration dinner. In order for that to be the case we would have had to pack up our Locklear's dinner and take it to some white tablecloth place somewhere!!!!! I ordered the shrimp & grits. My wife had the salmon over grit cakes. After allowing her to taste my corn fritter, I immediately lost one of them. Could have protested but, based on experience, that would have been futile. She did trade one of her grit cakes and that wasn't a bad deal. It was all so REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good. It's the kind of meal you hope for when you have only a few tries during a special weekend. We both just kept repeating to each other "This is really, really good!" At the end, we were pretty stuffed, but when I found out that Locklear's makes their own key lime pie, we ordered one ... just one ... expecting to take 1/2 back to the room for my wife to eat later. We asked for the pie to be delivered with a "to go" box so that we could do that. The pie came, but the box did not. We assume after we looked down at an EMPTY pie plate that it was just the experience of the server! No box needed ... one bite and it was a race to the finish. I let her win, of course. When I mentioned the absence of the box, the server just looked down at the empty plate with a knowing smile. This will be a definite stop on future trips to Charleston. I travel all over the country and get to eat at very nice restaurants with clients. This may not be white tablecloth, but the food ranks with some of the best that I've had anywhere!

Reviewed July 8, 2011

had lunch 4 people all had the boardwak burgers 2 hours later we were all sick, puking & diarrihea wasted $55 bucks, call them all they had to say was sorry and go to the ER
TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW DONT EVEN GO THERE,

Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you're looking for a place to spend your vacation money on expensive food that isn't enough to feed a medium-sized canine, you've come to the right place.

SAVE YOURSELF FROM WASTING MONEY ON THIS OCEAN FRONT TOURIST TRAP!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Its a beach restaurant so I wasn't expecting fine dinning. However the food took to long. I work in a kitchen and found myself wondering is anyone watching ticket times 40 minutes almost for entrees (being burgers and a Med rare ribeye) is inexcusable in any restaurant the vegetables were over cooked and swimming in oil the potatoes were soupy. Now on to the service it was slow to get drinks insted of a special board or them being announced by a server there printed on a tacky. Little peace of paper then the server had to run to the kitchen for every question we had even on menu items (either no trainning going on or no general food knowledge ) not something I would expect in a restaurant anywhere the bartender seemed to be the only Person front of the house that knew anything overall this was one of the worst experiences I've had in a restaurant. To the owner if you read this step it up or hire some real managers.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

This place used to be great, but on our last visit the food was downright disgusting! Definitely a shame. It is in a great location right on the pier on Folly Beach. But... it is very expensive (for what you get) and we ended up eating our child's grilled cheese sandwich and wasting all of the other food we had ordered. I will say that their cocktails are pretty good, but still expensive. This place has always been a part of our vacations to Folly, but sadly we will not waste our money there again.