“Very cute environment but food is not always on par.”
Review of Lost Dog Cafe

Lost Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the lost dog several times. It's always a fun experience. The only problem I have is that the food is sometimes inconsistent. Twice I have gotten the chicken Thai wrap that has peanut sauce in it and both times their was WAY too much peanut sauce. The coffee drinks are very good though. I also like how they have daily specials usually consisting of a pancake and quiche special. Overall, the breakfast is good but the lunch menu is not always the best.

There are newer reviews for Lost Dog Cafe

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Parking was tough and there was a wait, but I understand why - very tasty breakfast! We saved this as a special treat on our last day in town, as we were told by locals it was the best. I had the strawberry French toast and, not sure what kind of bread they use, but it was light, airy and delicious! Also sampled the sausage gravy and biscuits from a friend's plate, which was equally delicious. Definitely check this place out!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

A group of us plantation owners rode up the coast to spend a few days in Folly Beach, and before we checked into the Tides, we had lunch at one of the top rated places in town, Lost Dog. It definitely deserves the rating. We sat outside, started with a few drinks from their reasonable selection, and ordered lunch. I had the Tasty Thai Wrap with chicken (photo), which was pretty darn tasty, and my mate had the Southern Style BLT, which was very good, too. The others had one thing or another from the lunch menu, and everyone ended up pretty happy that we chose this place to start our culinary wanderings. The breakfast menu looked very interesting, and breakfast has received some very positive ratings, but instead, we opted to do one breakfast at Black Magic, which turned out to be very disappointing. See my review. Next time up, we'll skip them and come back to Lost Dog, for sure.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Enjoyed the She Crab Soup and wasabi coated tuna salad. Great places. Would definitely return. Menu items looked so good... Made you want to try all of them. Was definitely the most popular place in Folly Beach.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Shrimp and grits, French toast with fresh peaches!! All different types of mimosas.
Get there early!! So worth it!