“You don't have to be a dog lover but it helps”
Review of Lost Dog Cafe

Lost Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Bradford, Pennsylvania
“You don't have to be a dog lover but it helps”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ok.. The people that own this place - you know their dog(s) are their children. You can feel the love based on all the adorable pictures on the wall and the ability to sit (outside) and have breakfast along with your dog..... AND here is the catch.... the food is wholesome, soulful, and DELICIOUS.

How can pancakes be so good? I don't know but they were the best. My DH got the eggs Benedict (no seafood version). Again delish.. After this big breakfast the place is close enough for a walk on the beach.

We expected and heard lines can be long. We ate here at 9:00 on a weekday. Still busy but no line and quick service.

• Visited February 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“LOVE IT”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is a destination in itself. Excellent menu, wonderful prices, and great atmosphere. No wait for us, but early in season, and food came out quickly. It is worth the wait, if you have to wait.

• Visited March 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“First time here, will not be last!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just a fun place! The menu covered breakfast and lunch - I went with a special and was not disappointed. So much food I could only eat half of my wrap and enjoyed the rest later as a dinner.

Visited March 2013
Richmond, Kentucky
“Hippie Restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every time we go to Folly Beach we eat at the Lost Dog at least once. It's the funnest cafe we go to all year. Watch out for the parking, keep all wheels off the road. Bring your dog or pet the ones who are there. Outdoors or in. Buy a mug or T shirt. I see a review that talks about preparation time. We treated a neighbor's kids to a meal there and they asked, Is this a fast food restaurant? I replied, this is a, You will Still be Here Tomorrow restaurant. ha ha. Another thing, the food could be considered average. But you can't beat the fun.

• Visited April 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“NEVER miss it!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Every single time I'm in Folly, I visit here EVERY morning for breakfast. I went with my boyfriend, and eating and drinking whatever our little hearts desired made about a $35-40 meal. You can DEFINITELY eat less, and not get a coffee drink, mimosa and juice and not spend that much-when we are on vacation we just treat ourselves. The draw here are the pictures of dogs all over every surface-- if you have a pup, bring a picture in a frame, and they will add it to their walls! The restaurant is INCREDIBLY popular...this translates to very long wait times, if you go at peak breakfast hours. I generally wake up and walk over from my condo around 7 or 8 and have no problems. Hit about 8:45, 9:00 AM and you definitely need to expect a wait. This place is highly worth it! Every single meal on the menu is worth a try, but you MUST try the home made cinnamon roll. The make them fresh and have the most amazing icing on top. Warm, gooey and ooey! Located right in downtown Folly, parking can always be a little hard in the summer and spring break seasons, so keep an eye out for no parking signs and Folly parking laws, you don't want to end up with a ticket. Check on the Folly Beach website for parking mandates.
-5/5 stars
-expect waits during peak breakfast times and high tourist seasons
-friendly service, ask for tips about the area

• Visited June 2012