Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
1st Timers

So my sister & I have always wanted to try surfing... we were given Shaka surf & Jenny's name by a... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2018
P Dawn H
via mobile
Super fun surf lesson!

Amazing morning surf lesson with Chris. He was knowledgeable and made the day super fun while also... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2018
Laura L
via mobile

All reviews great for kids amazing experience jenny yoga ohana teacher surf skills lesson fun folly adventure
Reviewed July 10, 2017

You want to get your girlfriends and have an adventure with Jenny and Veronica. An incredible group of ladies and I really enjoyed our time stretching out of our comfort zone. You really get your monies worth and an incredible workout. Consider this adventure when you have your next girls' weekend. You won't be sorry.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

My 7 year old wanted to learn to surf but then got scared. We took him to "just watch". Chris came over and talked to him. Within minutes he had him comfortable and then in the water on a board! My son loved it. All of the instructors are great. We did the week long camp and now he is asking to come back next year for another week of camp. I highly recommend Shaka.

Date of experience: June 2017
jenny b, Owner at Shaka Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Thank You So Much! Charlie did GREAT!!

Sea Ya Next Year!
Shaka Surf School

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

For my sons 17th birthday we came to folky beach to surf from Tennessee. I emailed Jenny and worked out everything before we came. Chris was our instructor and did an amazing job! Not only were we all surfing by the end of the lesson but he also taught us a lot of the little details about surfing, like beach geography to look for, weather, etc. I would highly recommend them! I'm looking at bringing my two younger children next.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2017

I was went to Shaka Surf school three summers in a row at Folly Beach and loved every day I went! I was 14 when I first went and Jenny had me up on a board as soon as we got in the water! She does an awesome job teaching the kids about yoga, surfing, water safety, and health and you can definitely trust her with your kids! This camp is great for kids of any age! I went until I was 16 and learned a lot of from it!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed September 18, 2016

We were a group of 5 beginners - 4 adults and 1 teenager. We loved it! Jenny and Chris were encouraging, knowledgeable and fun. Gave us a great taste of learning to surf, and we're looking forward to coming back. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: September 2016