“Loved the Waters Edge B&B!!!"”
Review of Water's Edge Inn

Water's Edge Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Folly Beach B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Loved the Waters Edge B&B!!!"”
Reviewed March 13, 2008

My husband and I just spent 4 nights at this lovely new B&B in Folly Beach, SC. The employees were very attentive and immediately answered any questions or concerns that we could have. The rooms were all tastefully decorated and the bathrooms were awesome!! Happy hour from 4-6 pm was a great way to meet locals and socialize with other guests. The town of Folly is quaint and has lots of character. There are no fast food chains and just one chain hotel, but to bike around or walk, this town is great. A great place to relax and enjoy the beach! We recommend Taco Boy for lunch, the crab shack for dinner and the rooftop bar at Snapper Jacks.

• Liked — great staff/beautiful establishment/jimmy buffett music continually playing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Charleston
Reviewed February 4, 2008

My wife and I had another fantastic stay at The Waters Edge Inn. We stayed in the Atlantic room for the second time in three weeks and enjoyed it more the second time than we did the first. The staff is excellent, the breakfast is delicious and the happy hour is always happy. We will be back soon

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank Rhythmjunkie
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Just stayed at the Water's Edge Inn Saturday night this past weekend. As everyone has stated this property is brand new and very, very nice. We stayed in the "Pacific Room" on the top floor. The room was spacious and all the furniture and amenities are top notch. I would be happy to have a bedroom like this one. The room has a fireplace at the foot of the bed with a nice flat screen TV hung above it. There is a comfortable couch/ sitting area as well. The bathroom is huge and very nice. The only problem we had was with the AC. We didn't realize until returning from dinner that the AC was turned off, and unfortunately for some reason they have one of those lock boxes over the thermostat. South Carolina along with a lot of the country was experiencing some unseasonably warm weather over the weekend and the temperature in the room was hovering just below 80 degrees. We ended up sleeping (my girlfriend did, I had a lot of trouble) with the sliding glass door open, but this provided little relief. I mentioned this inconvennience at check out and the gentleman discounted the room and was extremely apologetic. I would definitely stay here again, but I would certainly make sure the AC is on and working. To have been so uncomfortable in such a potentially comfortable room was a shame.

I gave a 4 star rating based on AC issue, had this not been I would have given the fifth star.

On a side note - Be carefull where you park in Folly Beach. We went to dinner at one of the nearby restaraunts (Horrible food, but it was the joints last night in business - go figure) and parked on the side of the street along with numerous other cars. When we returned to the car we had a $50 parking ticket on the windshield. Not sure why this was as there were no signs indicating parking was unacceptable and as I had said there were cars parked up and done both sides of the street. i didn't notice any other cars with tickets either? Thanks Folly Beach PD!!!

• Liked — New Property, nice staff, cocktail time, top quality furnishings/amenities, hot tub, fireplace
  • Disliked — Unfortunate situation with Air Conditioning
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed December 16, 2007

We can't say enough wonderful things about Water's Edge Inn. We had booked a 5 day stay but ended up extending our trip because we we're having such a great time! The rooms are beautiful and extremely clean (they even provide lavender scented lotion and shampoo and turn down the bed with lavender chocolate!), the staff is incredibly warm, hospitable and helpful, the beach is serene, and the breakfast Sandy made was always yummy! We loved the beach bikes...we rode along the beach almost everyday. We got engaged during our stay and the staff helped us find a great restaurant to celebrate at. It was such a memorable trip...we can't wait to go back!

• Liked — The beautiful rooms and spa-style bathrooms
  • Disliked — being picky but the fridge is tiny
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yusras
Ocala, Fl
Reviewed November 16, 2007

This is a newer bed and breakfast in the Charleston, SC area. It is located just 15 minutes outside of downtown Charleston with spectacular views. We rode bikes everyday around this small locals island. The beach and marsh was amazing. We truly enjoyed the local atmosphere of the island.
The Inn keepers were wonderful. So helpful, nice, and hospitiable. They were more than welcome to give us directions, places to eat, and things to do. The room was very clean, roomy, and state of the art. The fireplace and balcony were awesome things to have. The food and drinks were delightful and welcoming. We would most definately stay here again.
A highly recommended place to stay. Would like to say thank you again to Sandy and the entire staff.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikmos916
Charleston, SC
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I stayed here this past weekend with my husband on our wedding night. We got married a few miles away, on the beach and weren't interested in staying at the hotel where our families were- or trekking downtown to an expensive B&B. This was the perfect choice. Sandy is just delightful. The room was great. The jacuzzi was fantastic.
I even stopped by to check out the room before the wedding and Sandy gave me a tour of the room to make sure it was to my satisfaction.
The ONLY complaint (and it's very small) is that the breakfast did not have more hot options like pancakes or french toast. I can survive without that though--- the items that were there were very tasty so I got over my disappointment pretty quickly
Go here- it's great!

• Liked — The location and the staff
  • Disliked — Nada!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue014
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Water's Edge Inn a couple of days ago for two nights. We had a great time in Folly Beach, contrary to the deadly combination of the August heat and humidity, probably because we had a very enjoyable stay at the Inn that has recently been built: our room ('The Islander') and its appliances were clean, brandnew and top quality. The service is excellent indeed, really helpful folks. I can highly recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Belmond Charleston Place
#13 of 62 in Charleston
French Quarter
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel

Been to Water's Edge Inn? Share your experiences!