“Good food”

Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Depends on your expectations in beach town. Husband and I shared Charleston bucket and we enjoyed it. Friend thought oysters were just ok. Other friend doesn't like seafood so she ordered a burger which she didnt like. Service was good but there is a wait during 4th of july weekend.

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thanks for letting me know about your visit. I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and will look into the burger and oyster issues. I have and always will have a 100% satisfaction policy, with that said I would like the opportunity to show you that we are better than what you experienced with the oysters and burger. Please feel free to call me on my cell. 843-437-2546 Sincerely, Ron Hill

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Best seafood I've ever had! I had the snow crab legs and they were great. Everything was so fresh and delicious. Service was excellent as well. We will definitely be going back!

Thanks for your awesome review, I will pass along your kind words to all our team members! We hope to see you again soon! Ron & Staff

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Johnathan, our waiter, was extremely nice, knowledgeable about the menu and was very attentive! Food was good! My teenager actually ate a whole serving of crab legs...that's a first!

Thank you for your kind words. So nice for people to take the time to let us know about their visits and know that everyone enjoyed everything so much. Ron & Staff

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I did not care for the she crab soup at all. It tasted like a basic flour/butter roux. I could see flecks of crab in it, but did not taste it. I asked that it be taken off of our bill. We had much better shecrab soup in Charleston.

Our waiter, Jason, was attentive even though he was clearly covering a high number of tables.

The crab leg bucket was a good value, but the crab legs were cold--and not just that they had cooled. Clearly, they were a frozen item and were not heated through before coming to our table (Before the appetizer arrived).

The peach shackquirei was excellent. Recommend that for sure!

Thanks for your review, I feel as though we fell short of my standards and the experience you received. With that said, please accept my apology and know that I will address all issues. Please feel free to call my personal cell at 843-437-2546 as I would love the opportunity to make things right. Sincerely, Ron Hill

Reviewed July 3, 2014

the service was acceptable after we got passed the hostess, who was not pleasant nor smiled the entire time we waiting on a table which had to be 20 minutes or longer....the food was really good and atmosphere is what I expected, may go back again, if in the area.

Thanks for letting me know about your experience, as I am glad that you enjoyed the food, I will address the hostess issue. Our culture is all about serving people and building strong relationships with our guests. I promise to "coach" my hostesses to serve with a servants heart. We hope to have an opportunity to make things right. Please call me before your next visit at 843-437-2546. Sincerely, Ron Hill