“Portions small for price”

Folly Beach Crab Shack
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My son and I enjoyed our double crab and shrimp "bucket" but my husband and daughter were both very disappointed in the shrimp with garlic cream and noodles. Small shrimp in a broth that looked and tasted like milk. Very few noodles. Other son had shrimp basket and left hungry. For about $20 per entree, we shouldn't leave hungry.

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit. I am glad that you and your son enjoyed the Crab & Shrimp bucket. I promise to look into the Shrimp & pasta special. That is not on our main menu. With that said, I would like an opportunity to make things right. I have and always will have a 100% satisfaction policy. Please call my personal cell number. 843-437-2546. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Ron Hill (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The crab shack staff was very courteous. I was there on a weekday evening and enjoyed dinner and the live music outside. The food is typical southern seafood, nothing fancy. If you're looking for a relaxed open-air dining experience, choose a table on the deck. It was very family-friendly, lots of people brought their kids.

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service, food, atmosphere and music. I will pass along your kind words. Please feel free to call me personally and let me know where we feel to a three star rating. I always strive to better ourselves and exceed our guests expectations. My personal cell number is 843-437-2546. Sincerely, Ron Hill

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Visited with my husband who loves crab and we were not disappointed. I ordered the po boy crab bucket which was full of broken pieces of crab. This is delicious but a lot of work so best used as an appetizer for 2. The crab stuffed flounder was delicious. The homemade key lime pie was light and perfect. Would have liked a bit of bread with the meal but the boiled potatoes and sautéed vegetables were very good.

Thank you so much for letting us know about your visit. I will pass along your review to all my team members. The next time you are in, just ask for bread. We don't normally serve bread, but we always say yes to special requests. We hope to serve you again on your next visit to folly! Ron & Staff

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Super cool seafood at the beach...Sit down and throw your scraps down the hole in the center of your table...what a great idea!!!

Thanks, we are trying to become "World Famous" so please tell all your friends. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We are glad that you enjoyed everything so much! Hope to see you soon. Ron & Staff

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had arrived early for Folly-Gra and were getting a little hungry so we decided to try our luck at the Crab Shack. We were seated immediately on the outside deck (which we were told was impossible by our friends). Great selection of beers. We all had different items and loved them all: I had the blue crab stuffed flounder, my husband had a cheeseburger, our friends had a flounder crunch sandwich and mahi zingers. A winner!

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thanks, I will pass along your kind words to all my team members! We love serving our guests and we love to hear about everyone's experience. That was a crazy busy day, but I have an AMAZING Team! So proud that they share my passion and they are they one's that make the magic happen everyday:) Sincerely, Ron Hill