“Dirty”

Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Suresnes, France
“Dirty”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Well, this is not the place to go. What is the fresh catch of the day ? Salmon ! Do you salmon in SC ??? Dirty table, everything is dirty in this restaurant. I believe it used to be a nice place and it could be a great place, just need to clean it up.... Sometimes. I don't think seafood is fresh. This is a touristic place, very touristic, soneat where you can and pay !

Visited April 2013
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank for your review. We welcome all feedback, good & bad. I am alarmed and surprised at the same time as most all of our reviews are great. With that said, I will address all issues you have mentioned. I would also like the opportunity to make things right for your experience. Please call me at 843-437-2546. I would like to talk with you personally about your visit. Sencerely, Ron Hill

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good Frogmore stew, aka "a boil"”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

for the cost my boil was VERY good - had to ask for additional spices since the boil was barley seasoned. Waitress seemed like she woke up and decided to be a waitress for the day - with 3 of us, she mixed up the order...then forgot us, no refills, no check-ins and when we received the bill it had SEVERAL items from the table NEXT to us on it! Food good, cost/value good, margarita's standard mix - hope you get a much better server to make the meal!

Visited April 2013
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your meals and I will look into the service issue. I believe that we should always provide the best service, and I feel as though we let you & your guests down. I would love the opportunity to talk with you and get more details on the team member that was serving you. Please feel free to call me personally at 843-437-2546. I would also love the opportunity to make it up to you and your guests on your next trip to the beach. Sincerely, Ron Hill
Chapin, South Carolina
“Our Go-To Spot”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Always a good meal and a reasonable price for seafood. Seems to be always open when we need them. Recently, it was 9pm on a Monday night and we were told by two Folly Beach restaurants that the kitchens were closed. Back to Crab Shack we go. They never let us down.

• Visited April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the Crab Shack. I have and always believe in establishing hours of operation. It is just as important as providing great seafood as weel as great service. Hope to see you & your guests soon. Ron & Staff
“GREAT Seafood at Folly Beach!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Crab Shack is our Folly Beach favorite! Our small group meets each year in Charleston SC for our ANNUAL high school reunion and we always enjoy this beach restaurant! Great atmosphere, GREAT seafood, very comfortable and laid-back!

The FRESH, fried flounder, with coleslaw and Cajun-rice were OUTSTANDING! The serving size was huge and it was all SO GOOD! Others had the fried shrimp, calamari, she-crab soup, fried oysters, etc. We're always completely satisfied!

You just can't beat the Crab Shack at Folly Beach!

• Visited April 2013
Thank you, Thank you & Thank you! Hope to see ya'll on your next visit to the Shack. Ron & Staff
“Great open-air fun dining”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We ate here after spending an afternoon on Folly Beach. I didn't really expect too much since it's just a kinda open-air beach bar place, but the food was actually quite good. I would have been happy with a fish sandwich, but got a proper tuna steak that was nicely cooked and came with vegetables (which are always in scarce supply while on vacation).

• Visited April 2013
Thanks, We are a laid back little seaside restuarant & bar, but I love it when people realize how much we put into offering the best seaffod available. We love it when people walk in and go...ok this is a neat little hole in the wall, and then walk out exceeding their expectations. Hope to see you & your guests again soon! Ron Hill