“Great open-air fun dining”

Folly Beach Crab Shack
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
“Great open-air fun dining”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We ate here after spending an afternoon on Folly Beach. I didn't really expect too much since it's just a kinda open-air beach bar place, but the food was actually quite good. I would have been happy with a fish sandwich, but got a proper tuna steak that was nicely cooked and came with vegetables (which are always in scarce supply while on vacation).

• Visited April 2013
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thanks, We are a laid back little seaside restuarant & bar, but I love it when people realize how much we put into offering the best seaffod available. We love it when people walk in and go...ok this is a neat little hole in the wall, and then walk out exceeding their expectations. Hope to see you & your guests again soon! Ron Hill

Floyd, Virginia
“Awesome!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We ate here while visiting Folly Beach for the first time and we were very impressed. The service was fantastic and our server was quick to recommend some of her favorites. We had drinks at the bar while waiting for a table and I must say, there were a variety of very friendly locals there who were more than willing to strike up a conversation. A very jovial and fun atmosphere. The food was fantastic! The Fried Green Tomatoes were the best I have ever had! The Crab Cakes were fantastic, not full of breading like so many places. The Shrimp and Grits were no doubt the best I have ever eaten, and I've eaten them many places. Overall, I would highly recommend you checking out this gem on Folly Beach!

Visited March 2013
Thank you so much! I will pass along your kind words to all our team members. Hope to see ya'll on your next visit. Ron & Staff
Ohio
“Popular beach restaurant”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Everytime we walked by this restaurant, it was busy, even outside in the cool weather. Good variety in the menu--fresh seafood, both fried, steamed, and broiled. I had the flounder crunch sandwich. A nice piece of flounder with a light, but crunchy breading, and very mild and tender.
Several tables had steamed crab legs, mussels, and oysters. Nice patio and seating right by the sidewalk. Most everyone was enjoying a beer (or two). Reasonably priced.

LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to let us know how your experience was. We have always strived to offer affordable seafood at the best quality. I am glad the you enjoyed everything and we look forward to your next visit to he Crab shack! Please let us know the next time you are on folly Beach
Springwood, VA
“Yesssss!!!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This review will likely be my shortest...EAT HERE!!! And if you like crab and don't try the crab balls you are missing out! Went here 2 nights in a row, had GREAT service, GREAT food and even met the owner, who gave us a drink on the house. We had fried platters, steamed oysters and everything was fantastic. Breading is so light the taste of the seafood comes though. Again...EAT HERE!!!

• Visited March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I am glad that ya'll enjoyed everything. Do us a favor, tell all your friends....We are trying to become World Famous:) Ron & Staff
Frankfort, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST Seafood in South Carolina!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

OK, right off the bat let's get this clear. I am an European trained Chef. I did a three year Chef's Apprenticeship in Copenhagen Denmark for three years. Upon returning to the US, I did another three year Chef's Apprenticeship through the American Culinary Federation. I then owned and operated my own restaurant in Charleston, S.C. for ten years.....so, I KNOW food!
This being said, The Folly Beach Crab Shack serves the BEST seafood in SC. The food is consistently perfect, and the portions ample for any appetite. I know fresh seafood. I am a born and raised Charlestonian. I have fished and crabbed all of my life. At the Folly Beach Crab Shack, you are served the finest in local seafood. Period. Don't fall for the other "tourist trap" eateries that serve seafood from anywhere BUT Charleston. Enjoy the flavors of my home, and my heart, at the Folly Beach Crab Shack. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Robert B
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
WOW, Thanks:) I will pass along your kind words to our Chef and his team members. Thanks again, Ron & Staff