“BEST Seafood in South Carolina!!”

Folly Beach Crab Shack
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

OK, right off the bat let's get this clear. I am an European trained Chef. I did a three year Chef's Apprenticeship in Copenhagen Denmark for three years. Upon returning to the US, I did another three year Chef's Apprenticeship through the American Culinary Federation. I then owned and operated my own restaurant in Charleston, S.C. for ten years.....so, I KNOW food!
This being said, The Folly Beach Crab Shack serves the BEST seafood in SC. The food is consistently perfect, and the portions ample for any appetite. I know fresh seafood. I am a born and raised Charlestonian. I have fished and crabbed all of my life. At the Folly Beach Crab Shack, you are served the finest in local seafood. Period. Don't fall for the other "tourist trap" eateries that serve seafood from anywhere BUT Charleston. Enjoy the flavors of my home, and my heart, at the Folly Beach Crab Shack. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Robert B
LCH076, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

WOW, Thanks:) I will pass along your kind words to our Chef and his team members. Thanks again, Ron & Staff

There are newer reviews for Folly Beach Crab Shack

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was great and the price was very reasonable. Will definitely go back!! The staff was very friendly and we highly recommend this restaurant!! I had the grilled shrimp and fried oysters!! Very good.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will defiantly let all our team members know about your visit and we hope see you again soon. Let us know on your next trip. Thanks! Ron Hill

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We enjoyed the atmosphere, and live music...the "crabby Mary" was delicious and creatively presented (bloody Caesar with crab leg and other fun garnishes)' but the food could have been better, rather than just average. It is probably one of the better restaurants in Folly Beach, but with so many excellent restaurants in charleston, head there instead, if you can.

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback concerning your visit. I take all reviews as an opportunity to constently improve. With most of reviews exceeding our guests expectations, I assure you I will look into and address any issues you have. Please call me personally at 843-437-2546. I would like to have an opportunity to make things right. Sincerely, Ron Hill

Reviewed March 16, 2013

When you think "Crab Shack" you think fresh seafood, specifically crabs. Right? Nope. The only fresh seafood I could see were the local oysters. No crabs. Disappointing.

I am sorry that you were not impressed. I have and always will have 100% money back garentee. With that said, I would love the opportunity to make things right. I am surprised to hear you refer to our seafood as not fresh, as you can see with most of our reviews, we usually exceed our guests expectations. I assue you I will look into all issues including our seafood provider about the quality of seafood. We can have the blue crabs available if you call us ahead & they are available. Please feel free to call me personally. My cell is 843-437-2546. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Ron Hill

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Tastiest oysters I've had. The stuffed shrimp in bacon are to die for. We had the big platter. This is really the first time I have ever had fried oysters that were GREAT.

You can't lose by going here. Don't worry about your wallet. It's absolutely worth it.

Thank you so much! I am glad that ya'll enjoyed everything! Hope to see you again soon. Ron & Staff