“Great place to enjoy a”

Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Relaxed laid back Island Restaurant. Featuring Local Grilled, Steamed & Fried Seafood! Outside Dining & Raw Bar. Voted # 1 by Folly Beach Local's & Voted Best Seafood Spot, Southern Living Magazine,2012. Live Steel Drums every Thursday night! Relax, Slow down, It's Folly Beach!
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great place to enjoy a”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a great place to enjoy some Charleston peel-n-eat shrimp and a coulple of cold PBRs!!! The service has always been awesome for us here. The food is average--"It is what it is" but keep it simple and you'll have a great time!

North Easton, MA
“We love the crab shack”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was our second Folly Beach vacation and we always go to Crab Shack at least twice during our stay. The seafood is fresh and delicious, my kids love the hushpuppies, and it is always just plain fun! My personal favorite is crab cakes, but I know many will come here for the bakes, which are definitely worthwhile.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Very good, except for a minor detail”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family was in Charleston looking for housing for our freshman daughter (yeah, school starts in less than a month and she doesn't have a place to live, yet!). I had the fried shrimp and flounder, my wife had the grilled shrimp, oldest daughter had the crab cakes, youngest daughter had the shrimp salad. Everything was very good, except that my french fries were cold when the meal was brought to the table. I still rated the restaurant as very good, the french fry thing wasn't enough to bring them down to average. Service was good, our waiter Bryan was prompt and checked on us continually. I will go back again, but will probably substitute something else for the fries.

• Visited July 2012
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went for lunch and the sandwiches were great and the calamari is awesome best around Charleston! Neat place and service was great.

1 Thank Kimbreez
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Fresh" catch of the day...FROZEN!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I really hate to write bad reviews. This will be an exception. It is one thing if a restaurant will try and correct the problem. Lets face it in life there will be the "bad" dining experience. If a rest. will make an effort to correct the problem I think you should let it go. However on this occasion I feel a civic duty to let you know that you should walk passed this establishment. You could get better seafood at the frozen food section at wal-mart. My "fresh" catch of the day was frozen. When one of the staff asked me how things were I was kinda honest and said "ok". I wanted to say horrible. She inquired as to why it was just ok. I asked the question if the fish was fresh and she explained that it was caught fresh and quickly frozen. Huh? It would be one thing if it was say 10.99 or so for the plate, but 18.00! Tourists are the life blood of all beach towns why would you rob them? My wife had Shrimp and grits. Shrimp were fresh but not de-veined and the grits were lumpy. Vegetables were likely marinated in Salt. Our meal for two was 50.00 bucks. I work way to hard to take another chance on this Tourist trap.

• Visited July 2012
Rwalterh, Owner at Folly Beach Crab Shack, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I wanted to take a moment and let you know that I take all reviews very seriously. I also want to offer you an apology for your experience and I will look into all issues. With that said, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you and your guests. We have always and will always offer a 100 % satisfaction for everyone that feels that we fell short. Here, I feel as though we did. Please feel free to contact me personally at 843-437-2546. Sincerely, Ron Hill