“Best Deal in Folly Beach”

Charleston Surf Lessons
More attraction details
Owner description: At Charleston Surf Lessons, it’s our passion to help you discover the exhilaration of surfing and catch the perfect wave. Charge the surf with us today!
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We chose Charleston Surf Lessons after an extensive Google search because they were conveniently located right on the beach and considerably cheaper than others--this was important since all 3 of our kids (ages 15, 12 & 9) wanted to participate. We could not possibly have been more impressed! Josh and Ryan were both extremely likable and unbelievably patient! All 3 kids popped up on their very first try and kept going back for more--including renting surfboards the next day to keep the fun coming. Josh & Ryan's passion for the sport was obvious and contagious!

There are newer reviews for Charleston Surf Lessons

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I woke up before my lesson dreaming of sharks. That is when I began praying for rain and lightning. No luck! Needless to say that I am a coward....
However, Josh IMMEDIATELY put me at my ease and built up my confidence! Before I knew it, I was up on the board within the first few attempts! And balance is definitely not a strong point for me. Josh's no-nonsense and easygoing instruction made the experience a success.
My husband and I had a great time and can not wait to return!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Josh Wilson, and his crew of Surfing trainers are absolutely the most professional and fun loving people I have met in my travels...I have been a Personal Trainer for years, so I do understand the demands of teaching all kinds of people something new, at a level they can understand...Josh Wilson nailed this...He built on and encouraged my strengths and improved without dwelling, my weaknesses...I have wanted to surf since I was 15 years of age...I just turned 42 years old and that dream came true...Josh Wilson not only taught me how to start surfing, I know now that I will continue training every week I can with Josh and his crew, therefore living that dream 27 years later....Thank you!!! Thank you!!! You all are truly amazing!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first time trying to surf, and Josh not only made the experience a lot of fun, but was an excellent teacher as well. I don't write many reviews, but I felt like Charleston Surf lessons absolutely deserved five stars. Couldn't have been happier with the experience, and would recommend to anyone looking to try surfing out. Josh is a very patient and encouraging teacher, and he made it easy to understand the basic of surfing.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just moved to Charleston and my husband really wanted to learn to surf. Josh was very nice and booked him a lesson the very next day. My husband said Josh was clear with his directions and because of that he got up on the surf board very quickly. He had a lot of fun and i have booked him another lesson already!