“Black Magic Cafe in Folly Beach put a spell on me!”
Review of Black Magic Cafe

Black Magic Cafe
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 10, 2014

First, I went to Black Magic for carryout coffee and pastries on Sun. AM of our first Folly Beach week ever. The cafe was very busy, and I did have to wait. However, the coffee and pastries were so good that later in the week I went back with 5 family members for a late brunch, and this time we ate in the cafe. The menu is quite extensive, so it was hard to make a selection from the many imaginative options. All of us made different choices, and no one was disappointed. I had a delicious Bloody Mary. During the week we also ate at some of the other local restaurants. This one was my favorite. I would hesitate to take lively small children, because the food is prepared to order. The general philosophy at Folly Beach in general and at Black Magic is to take it easy and not be in a hurry. A good philosophy for a beach vacation week.

1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

very good for tourist beach restaurant...a little out of the way unless you are at or near Folly Beach

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I didn't go in, and didn't buy so I can't rate interior or pricing, but I can tell you the cup of coffee that my mom grabbed for me was DELICIOUS!! I told her I needed a dark roast with cream. Perfection!! I actually went back on our way out of town to see if I could buy a bag of coffee - they closed before I got there. Bummer. But will definitely got back next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great breakfast, crab cake eggs Benedict. Great service, wonderful setting, delicious food. We had been here two years ago, and it grew to a wonderful full service restaurant. Sit in the outside patio under the sailcloth awning with the sun filtering through, so nice. The menu is delicious with lots of very creative items. Open just for breakfast and dinner. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a friendly little place in Folly Beach. We ate breakfast there twice and ordered smoothies to go once. The smoothies were really good. We sampled the Hurricane Hugo, an Edge of America and a Coffin Island. All were awesome but the favorite was the Hurricane Hugo. It tasted like a fresh mango. At $5 each, they seemed expensive but was it very filling and suitable for a meal on the go.

We really liked the coffee as well which might seem like a minor detail but, if you like a stronger cup of coffee, you'll know what I mean.

The pancakes with the pecan-cinnamon butter and bourbon syrup were some of the best we ever had. The eggs were served with a seasoning sprinkled on them. You can easily ask them to leave the seasoning off.

This is a nice stop for breakfast if you're in Folly Beach!