“The place for adult morning beverages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Magic Cafe

Black Magic Cafe
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The place for adult morning beverages!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our quick stop to the Black Magic Cafe today. We each got an adult beverage: the Mexican hot chocolate (hot) and the Mighty Mayan (iced). They were both delicious! The atmosphere is great and our waitress Jenny was really cool...she even offered and then took a picture of us when were failing to take a selfie lol But seriously, if you are in Charleston or near Folly Beach, this is a must stop for coffee, drinks or a meal! Too bad it was too cold to sit on the patio! We will be back (said in my very best Arnold)

TN
“Fabulous Fare at Folly!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I'm still thinking about the delicious breakfast I ate at Black Magic Café over a week ago! Each bite was better than the one before. Maybe it was the incredible weather that day, the outdoor ambiance at Black Magic, the great service & food or a combination of all of them but that food was really delicious. I ordered the East Cooper Omelet - baby bellas, fresh spinach, feta, pesto - w/ the tropical green tea suggested by our server. What a perfect blend of tea & equally perfect blend of flavors in the omelet. If you go to Folly, go to Black Magic! I will go again on my next trip to town!

• Visited November 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Over from the UK, so glad we stumbled upon the Black Magic Cafe...”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

As the title suggests my Wife and I were over visiting Charleston and the surrounding area in mid October 2013 and one day we visited both Kiawah and Folly Beaches which we enjoyed immensely.

For lunch we opted for the Black Magic Cafe but timed it so badly as when we sat down we were told it would be a wait for lunch as 4 or 5 tables had literally just sat down. After some hefty walking along Kiawah, we didn't mind this and sat back and chilled out (very easy to do here!).

Service throughout was very good and our waitress (younger girl, maybe Lauren) kept us updated on how our food was doing. She didn't have an issue at all with the UK accent, which some people we encountered in Charleston and the area did.

I had the Black Magic Club with sweet potato fries and my Wife had the Angel Oak with standard fries. Both were $9 (and a small charge to upgrade my fries) and simply delicious and well worth the wait which in truth didn't turn out to be as long as expected. My Wife had a smoothie (awesome) and I had plenty of refills on Diet Coke including one in a 'to go cup' as well which is always a nice touch.

Great value for money, great food, lovely location and quirky design. What is not to like? When we return to Folly Beach whenever that is we will make sure we have at least one meal in the Black Magic Cafe.

Thanks Y'all :)

• Visited October 2013
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Great Lunch and Breakfast!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We dropped in for lunch during Folly Palooza. Had a turkey wrap and ham and cheese sandwich with fruit and keeping with the times, a margarita. All was so good that we returned the next day for breakfast that was also excellent. Great coffee! Staff was friendly and timely for both visits. Got a chocolate croissant to go and it was fantastic.

Visited October 2013
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Great place for breakfast.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

No curses will be put on you other than you will want to return again and again. Breakfast was tasty and the service was attentive and swift. Great place to unwind with a bloody after a night out of debauchery.

Visited May 2013