“Nice casual place”

Loggerhead's Beach Grill
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Loggerhead's is "The Spot" on Folly Beach where locals and tourists meet to enjoy food, drink and themselves in a fun laid back atmosphere. We focus on fresh local seafood prepared to order with fair prices. Enjoy the smoke free dining room or relax on the new deck, complete with an awesome open air bar and views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We sat on the deck for dinner and some music. Laid back place, good food, tasty drinks. Not gourmet for you foodies out there, but we enjoyed our meal. Service a little slow but they also didn't try to rush us if we wanted to stay to listen to the music. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My best gal and her family and I decided on Loggerhead's for our final dinner in Folly Beach. We were all tired and didn't want a big to do, and didn't want to drive, and were persuaded by the drunk in our party that Loggerhead's was the best. So we gave in to shut her up and went.
I knew I was in trouble when I saw a terrible towel hanging in the bar. Nothing good can come from a pittsburgher transplanted to a beach setting. Pierogies don't match the southern pallette.
My best gal and I decided to share some crab dip. This was basically a refrigerated ball of shredded crab, old bay seasoning, maybe some sort of onions, and cream cheese. It surprisingly tasted good, but was not what we expected.
We both got the shrimp po boy. We both felt it was pretty good. It wasn't anything special, but the shrimp was good quality.
Our drunken friend enjoyed the live music on the patio, and we enjoyed eating inside without her.
One of our party is allergic to shellfish, and I was very impressed at the lengths the staff took to ensure her pasta did not come in contact with anyone else's food. They went above and beyond.
There was a lot of commotion at the bar from a couple servers and the bartender, and they had TVs all over and trivia happening so it's not really a place to go if you're looking for quality time and conversation.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Usually when I hear that a place has "a little something for everyone", I hear "this place doesn't do anything well." That is far from the case at Loggerhead's on Folly Beach. With a mix of seafood, steaks, sandwiches, pasta, kids menu, etc., it has the kind of culinary versatility a restaurant on the beach needs to survive & thrive in a tourist town. On the flip side, they have multiple bars & stages with great happy hour options, indoor & outdoor dining & drinking, and hours of live entertinment starting daily at 6 p.m. on the deck, followed by headlining shows inside on the main stage starting at 9 or 10 p.m. every night. The staff is great & the owners are accommodating. An ideal spot to catch a game for devoted sports enthusiasts as well. Enjoy... \m/

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Went to loggerheads a couple of times during the week. Good prices on drinks and a large area to sit both inside and out. The only problem we ran into was the kareoke lady was kind of really rude and was not a good host. But besides that its a pretty decent place.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

So you take 1 outdoor deck hosting a VW bar + music every night + drinks + solid food at good prices + dogs + locals + dancing + really nice wait staff and it all adds up to fun!! Every time we go to Folly Beach we end up at Loggerheads again, and again, and probably again!! I love the ramp up to the elevated deck since I had an injury. That ramp means the young and agile and the old and lame can all have fun. This is a place that transcends age and exudes good times. It is not to be missed!