“Food OK, Service not a problem”

Loggerhead's Beach Grill
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Loggerhead's is "The Spot" on Folly Beach where locals and tourists meet to enjoy food, drink and themselves in a fun laid back atmosphere. We focus on fresh local seafood prepared to order with fair prices. Enjoy the smoke free dining room or relax on the new deck, complete with an awesome open air bar and views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went on a Monday, so it wasn't very busy. The waitor was great... He also doubled as host. I had the crabcake sandwich, while my wife had the flounder sandwich. The crabcake was fried. It was okay, nothing special. The bun was not suited to the sandwich, and made it very dry. I prefer the crabcake at Folly Shrimp Company, which I had the day before. My wife had the same complaint about the bun. Flounder was a bit small, though fresh from Crosbys. We both had the top shelf margarita, which i thought was the best margarita we've had at Folly, during this trip.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The bar is fun, but the food is average for the most part.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Poor service and the food was average. The location was wonderful though...very close to the beach.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'm a year-round Folly Beach resident who's eaten everywhere in town at least once. I always try a restaurant at least twice before reviewing, especially if I have negative thoughts. Loggerheads has the best burgers on the beach, but in four trips since January, the service has been painfully slow. It can take 20 minutes to get a beer brought to the table...appetizer: half hour. and we're talking about a slow night in the off-season. I haven't dared to venture back now that it's high season. In a beach town, slow service can kill a restaurant real fast. I realize Folly folks move a little slower than the people in downtown Charleston, but enough is enough. speed it up folks.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Highly recommend for their outside bar and live music, food was ok, service was very slow. Would go back for dry rub wings, shrimp and oysters, and atmosphere.