“Get the Philly”

Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Surf Bar is a locals' favorite on Folly Beach, South Carolina.
Miramar Beach, Florida, United States
“Get the Philly”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Sat at the bar and enjoyed several IPA's had the Philly and it was awesome. The onion rings were not as good as some have reviewed and I mentioned it to the bartender. He gave me a free IPA (Thanks). Husband had a cheeseburger and he said it was very good. Another patron bought us several shots. Not sure why, but thanks! Service was excellent and we enjoyed our experience.

• Visited April 2012

Anderson, South Carolina
“Great Burgers and Onion Rings”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We love this place. We cannot go to Folly Beach without getting a burger before hitting the beach! The onion rings are the best that I have ever had.

• Visited May 2011
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Cool bar with really good burgers”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Burgers were very good and beer was cold. Wood stove outside on open deck. This place has a really cool beachy atmosphere. Located off a side street - from the beach inland, its on the left.

Visited February 2012
SC
“FABULOUS SIMPLE FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

While Surf Bar is a 30 minute drive from our house, we try to go as often as we can. It is a limited menu but the food is well-prepared and the service friendly. Tonight I had their special mahi sandwich and it was great fish - one of the owners tells me he gets it off the dock and I believe him. I am not even a mahi fan, but I would get it again. My husband thinks the burger is the best in Charleston- and I am inclined to agree. We had friendly, prompt service and they were great with the kids. The menu is simple - a few apps (artichoke dip, onion rings, wings, etc); black bean burger, hamburger, fish sandwich, chicken sandwich, and assorted salads - but there are always specials - tonight also included a homeamde ham and veggie soup and a chicken wrap and a steak frites (with mashed potatoes and gravy - a little strange given the name of the dish but anyway - it's Folly)! There are games to play - Uno and dominos and Yahtzee. My kids love the wood-burning fire on the deck. HIGH MARKS from us.

• Visited December 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“Food with a surf attitude”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Known for its burgers and friendly service, "The Bar" is a local favorite with surfing movies in the back ground. I always hum some "Wipe Out" as I bite my burger and drink my beverage. Parking is off Center Street so usually easier.

Visited August 2011