“Cool bar with really good burgers”
Review of Surf Bar

Surf Bar
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Surf Bar is a locals' favorite on Folly Beach, South Carolina.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Burgers were very good and beer was cold. Wood stove outside on open deck. This place has a really cool beachy atmosphere. Located off a side street - from the beach inland, its on the left.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

While Surf Bar is a 30 minute drive from our house, we try to go as often as we can. It is a limited menu but the food is well-prepared and the service friendly. Tonight I had their special mahi sandwich and it was great fish - one of the owners tells me he gets it off the dock and I believe him. I am not even a mahi fan, but I would get it again. My husband thinks the burger is the best in Charleston- and I am inclined to agree. We had friendly, prompt service and they were great with the kids. The menu is simple - a few apps (artichoke dip, onion rings, wings, etc); black bean burger, hamburger, fish sandwich, chicken sandwich, and assorted salads - but there are always specials - tonight also included a homeamde ham and veggie soup and a chicken wrap and a steak frites (with mashed potatoes and gravy - a little strange given the name of the dish but anyway - it's Folly)! There are games to play - Uno and dominos and Yahtzee. My kids love the wood-burning fire on the deck. HIGH MARKS from us.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Known for its burgers and friendly service, "The Bar" is a local favorite with surfing movies in the back ground. I always hum some "Wipe Out" as I bite my burger and drink my beverage. Parking is off Center Street so usually easier.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The surf bar has a limited menu but what they do they do well. The burgers we're fantastic and the atmosphere was fun and laid back. Will definitely visit again if I'm ever in Folly Beach, SC.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very local spot. Good food/ burgers. Surfing clips shown on TV through out bar and outside. Outdoor patio for eating outside in warmer weather. Nothing fancy but great "must see" restaurant, especially if you are vacationing.