“Atmosphere and good food...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Folly Beach Shrimp Company - CLOSED

Folly Beach Shrimp Company
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Vegetarian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Atmosphere and good food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

FBSC is a great little spot on the corner of Center ST in Folly Beach. The service is somewhat slow but the atmosphere and food are great. They have live music a lot of the time and it is great family fun to eat and listen to the music. The night we went there was a bluegrass group playing and they didn't just play bluegrass (some country, rock and roll, etc.) one guy was even playing a washtub bass... you want be disappointed...slow down it's Folly...

Charleston, South Carolina
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was one of the most amazing experiences my family has ever had at Dinner. This place really has it together. The only thing that was better then the food was the attitude of the staff. Everything was truly on point. I recommend the Lobster pie or the Cajun Pasta. The avocado on the shrimp scampi was also a nice little touch to a classic favorite of ours. Very reasonable prices as well. We will definetley be back to try everything else on this menu.

• Visited July 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyed ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ate on outside venue with fireplace. Noisy bikers coming by somewhat a distraction but overall the food was good if a little pricey. Service was excellent given the crowd. I would go back.

Visited April 2013
“More than it seems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I saw the menu for this place, I was terrified. The menu is organized in a strange way, and I thought we were getting bar food. I was happily surprised when our food came. It was great! My husband really enjoyed the crab cake sandwich because it was mostly crab and it had a fried green tomato! My shrimp and grits had too much gravy, but it was very tasty. Overall, the drinks were good, and the food was a wonderful surprise. On another note, we could hear the live music from our condo nightly, and only once was it something that I would listen to. I expected that the Charleston area would have more talent, but if they do it's lost on the Shrimp Company.

Sidney, Ohio
“family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Excellent service and food. Our 7 year old insisted we return a couple of days later. The seafood was excellent so we didn't argue with him long