“Tideline Salt Marsh Tour April 3 2013”
Review of Tideline Tours

2-Hour Salt Marsh Cruise from Folly Beach
Ranked #4 of 21 Tours in Folly Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore the Salt Marsh surrounding Folly Island aboard a choice of two coast guard-inspected vessels. Experience coastal scientist-led adventures to several points of natural beauty and historical significance. Listen through our underwater hydrophone system as dolphins communicate. Families and groups experience a flexible, lightly structured venture through the beautiful lowcountry saltmarsh. Shelling on a secluded beach is always an option.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 3, 2013

It was an early (9:30 am) departure and windy and a little cold. As Atlantic Canadians we had lots of layers put on and were warm the whole trip.

WARNING: Be Prepared and make sure you are dressed well. It is easier to take off clothes than to find them on the water.

We saw lots of birds both on shore and flying by, dolphins and 2 otters. Captain Anton was able to explain the characteristics of the various birds and their migratory details. We had a short 20 minute walk-about on Morris Island and I was able to photo my 208th lighthouse. Too bad erosion has left the lighthouse 1/4 mile offshore now and I could not get closer.

The trip was very smooth despite the strong winds. I personally got splashed once in the 2 hour trip.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you haven't already taken a cruise or been fishing with Captain Anton of Tideline Tours, then you should book a trip very soon. Anton has a vast knowledge of the river, the marsh & their inhabitants, as well as the history of the island. I learned more than I expected about the wildlife on Folly, but I'll let the Captain tell you about that. And the new boat is awesome. Definitely a must-do on your next trip to Folly Beach!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tideline Tours is the best thing to do in Folly Beach. Captain Anton is amazing! He is an absolute fount of knowledge on all things beach and ocean. I have been on this tour multiple times, and Anton never disappoints! Still after several visits, we see something different every time! The dolphins (Anton knows many of them by their fin shape), were by far the highlight each time. This is a very family-friendly tour and while I wasn't with any small children on this trip, if there had been any, they would have LOVED it. Do not miss doing this if you are in Folly. You will not regret it.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We actually found this place BC of Tripadvisor! Very glad we did!! It was suppose to be a 2 hour tour, but he went over BC he was very set on making sure he found us some dolphins since I told him that was what I wanted most! AND HE DID! On the way back he spotted some and went over so we could get a closer look, then hung around a little while following them so we could watch them! Anton was very informative about the region, and very personable. It was a last minute decision to go on a boat tour BC most of the ones we looked up before we left home didn't resume till March, but I found him on this website and he was still running, said he runs all the time! YAY!! And again, WE SAW DOLPHINS!! So that is a highlight of my trip!!
Highly satisfied!! :)

2  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have lived in Charleston for 20 years, and a Tideline Tour with Captain Anton is, hands down, the No. 1 thing I suggest to visitors from out of town. Captain Anton knows -- and, more importantly, LOVES -- the salt marshes and rivers (and all the creatures that live there) of the Lowcountry like no one else, and it is such a treat to hear him share what he knows. It doesn't matter what age you are, what your interests are or where you come from, you WILL learn something on your Tideline Tour. You will also have a ton of fun and make a new friend in Captain Anton. I brought one family with me for a tour three summers ago, and the six-year-old and five-year-old that came along haven't stopped talking about it since. Even more telling, their MOTHER hasn't stopped talking about it. In fact, she said that the experience was "life-changing" for her. You will not be disappointed!