Holliday inn Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach(Folly Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
$109
$305
$249
  • Pool
$289
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$151
SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$223
$159
$339
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshort walk to the beacholder hotelenjoyed my stayacross the streetweddingrefrigeratormaidsc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at this "hotel" while visiting Folly Beach for a wedding. The rooms were outdated, which I can live with. A little damp, but most everything is down south. The pool in the back is beautiful and well maintained. The man at the front desk wasn't very friendly, but he wasn't rude either. That being said, I would NEVER stay here again. I had prescription medication stolen from my room that was discretely hidden in a make up bag. Not only was some of my anxiety medication taken, but some allergy medication and migraine pills. If you suffer from migraines, you'll understand how debilitating they can be. I felt violated and couldn't believe that someone would do that. I can only assume that it was whoever cleaned our room during our stay, since the pills could not have magically grown feet and walked away. The person I spoke with at the front desk said he would look into it, but certainly didn't seem that concerned or surprised. If you do stay here, lock your stuff up!!! We will certainly never be back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Traci F
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The rooms are a flashback to the 50's with a smell to prove it. The beds were ok but the pillows were rocks. But with the cosmetic grips aside, if you don't mind cockroaches, this is your place! I left the squished roaches on the places where I killed them (bathroom wall and tv stand) to show the creepy guy at the front desk. He didn't seem to care and offered no compensations for having more visitors in my room than I had planned. Never coming back! Pay a few dollars more and stay at the Tides on the beach!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank MrDan27
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding this past weekend. I was able to get past Mr. Grumpy at the front desk, he didn't bother us. However, while returning back from an afternoon trip to Charleston, we found our front door to our room WIDE open for who knows how long. Cleaning person decided not to close the door after they left. There was also medication missing from another couple we were travelling with. I do not recommend this place, nor will we ever subject ourselves to a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jill617
d0c73, Front Office Manager at Holliday inn Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Hello,

First I would like to say, that staff , including the maids, and the front desk clerk ( I like to think I am not grumpy!) have all been replaced ,among many other improvements, have been implemented since this review was written in 4/22/2013... All showers and refrigerators have been replaced, as well as renovations to the rooms/bathrooms and the outside ...many rooms how have full kitchens as well.

we work very hard to improve every year the quality of rooms/service we provide to our guests, while also offering the best value on folly beach

We apologize for your door being left open, as well as the missing medications...the hotel does offer a safe for any valuables located inside each room

Please consider having a look at our hotel again, we think you will be impressed with the changes...we will offer you a discount if you should choose to give us another chance

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I can't tell you how many times I have stayed here. Is the property outdated, yes, that the whole point. It is two 1950's converted beach houses complete with the original Ester Williams pool in the back. This is not your normal hotel. The rooms are not dirty, just alittle worn, some more than others. If you want to pay big bucks go stay at the Tides down the road and buy their drinks at the pool. If you want a reasonable place to stay on the island, be able to grill in the back, enjoy a cocktail at the pool, and walk across the street to the beach, then this is your place. The owner isn't rude, people skills just isn't one of his gifts. He is currently in the process of upgrading the HVAC systems in the rooms and they are great. The pool deck and fence has just been redone and it looks great. Adjust your expectations, enjoy the freedom and value of staying at this property. It is not everones cup of tea, but the next time I am in Charleston I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank IR_Cajun
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stay in over 100 room nites a year and this was one of the worst. To begin with, the owner is rude and abrasive and doesnt really care if you stay there or not. When I called for reservations, he wanted my credit card info before he would tell me the price. Then when I checked in at 8 PM, no one was at the front desk and the person who came to desk acted like he didnt really care. Then he took my drivers license and never gave it back, something that I did not realize till I was trying to get on a military base the next day.
The room itself was tiny and the light switch was hard to find. The AC was very noisy and the towels were paper thin. The pool is/was only open 4 hours a day?????
Even though I live in Mt Pleasant, this was a business trip for me, and I regret paying the $219 that I shelled out to stay there......pay the extra $100 and stay at the Tides....

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Pay the extra $100 and stay at the tides.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank Iamshappens
d0c73, Front Office Manager at Holliday inn Folly Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

I am not sure what happened here, as I took over as front desk manager in July of 2014....however, I can assure you that we do not ask for credit card numbers to hold a reservation until it is agreed you wish to stay here.