“try this while you're here”

Rita's Seaside Grille
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual beach restaurant. Rita's Seaside Grille makes the most delicious burgers, sandwiches, salads and fresh catch daily specials. Plus Weekday Breakfast Mon-Fri at 8am and Brunch Sat & Sun at 9am, indoor and outdoor seating. Come straight from the beach ... Flip flops and sandy bums are encouraged.
Salem, Virginia
“try this while you're here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Pimento cheese hamburger with fried pickles. It was surprisingly very good. Well worth the price also.

Visited July 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, amazing service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went to Rita's on a Saturday night, were seated right away and had cold drinks in front of us in minutes. Most of us ordered burgers- which were huge (one of my girls took the left over home and finished it for lunch the next day). Our youngest ate the Mac n cheese, which is Kraft, but that's what she likes. We all liked everything we ordered. And I can't say enough about how great the service was! We will definitely go back to Rita's.

• Visited July 2014
Manila
“Delicious Shrimp!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the Shrimp Platter which came with lots of Fries. The shrimp was delicious and was certainly a fresh catch. This place did not disappoint! We will be back!

1 Thank yokohamamama
Herndon, Virginia
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

excellent fish tacos, shrimp and grits, and grouper sandwich. We will definitely go again. We had reserved a table but the manager said they lost it with no apology.

Visited July 2014
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Didn't thrill us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Rita's (AKA Rita's Seaside Grille) is a large, clean, modern, crowded restaurant in the heart of the beach foot traffic district. It is nicely appointed but does not have ocean views, nor do any other Folly Beach restaurants I'm aware of. If you dine here, spend the $10 to park in the lot next door or you will have to park several blocks away to get a legal space.

On a Sunday evening about 6 PM we were seated at an interior booth right away and ordered a couple of beers while we waited for our driver to return from parking the car. My companion kept pining away for a table outside on the covered terrace and we were able to move there within a few minutes. The waitstaff could not have been more accommodating. Our "first" waitress refused my offer of a tip very politely.

The terrace was full of happy people drinking and dining on this warm, cloudless summer evening. A talented singer/guitarist with a repertoire of popular songs put us in the mood for what we hoped would be an enjoyable dinner.

When our driver - my lady friend's son - returned, we ordered more beers and an appetizer, the barbeque pork nachos, which arrived reasonably quickly and were pretty good.

Rita's menu, however, was a single side of a laminated page. It seemed seemed surprisingly pruned down and oriented to mass production. I didn't see anything that I really wanted. I reluctantly ordered the fried grouper sandwich which turned out to be delicious. However, the same fare if served directly on a plate would have been more appealing. I should have just thrown away the bun.

My companions were not so lucky. My lady friend had the crab cake sandwich, which she did not like at all. The crab cake seemed to be uncooked. Her son had the fish and shrimp taco plate which he did not care for. They swapped part of their entrees but neither liked the other's order any better. We were disappointed, and went elsewhere for dessert.

In closing, let me emphasize that the waitstaff at Rita's were very pleasant and efficient. The atmosphere was enjoyable, largely due to the music. Unfortunately the menu and the food were not on a par with the rest of the experience. We probably will not dine there again.

• Visited July 2014