“Good food, limited selection.”

Blu Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Artic Street
Transit: Guests of BLU Restaurant & Bar may use the Tides Hotel parking lot free of charge on a space available basis.
Description: Few restaurants in Charleston offer oceanfront dining. None offer the unique experience you'll find at BLU. Set alongside the beach at the Tides Folly Beach, BLU combines indoor and outdoor seating featuring an amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean from almost every seat. Enjoy fresh local seafood showcasing the finest in contemporary coastal cuisine. Casual yet gracious, BLU is the ideal setting for a romantic dinner for two or an enjoyable night out with friends. Sit back, watch the waves roll in and enjoy the cool ocean breeze as we serve you the most delectable food around. With a casual beach bar and comfortable restaurant seating, BLU is where you want to be in Charleston.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The staff make our stay a good time. The food is well prepared but there was not an extensive selection of things you would expect them to have. For example: no green tea. The bar staff went out of the way to make sure we had a good time and they make a good drink.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We visited Blu on a Thursday afternoon for a late lunch. It was nice being basically right on the beach and we were seated outside. I ordered lettuce wraps and chips. The portions were delicious but a little smaller than I would expect lunch portions to be. The service was very good. When we asked what ingredients were used in some of the dishes, the waitress came back with information on where the items were procured. You can eat here in your bathing attire, but they do ask ladies to wear cover ups.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well, even though I have grown up in the south, I must admit that I had never had shrimp and grits before BLU. If it is going to be your first taste, then you won't be disappointed by the shrimp and grits they make. They were delicious, creamy and flavorful. Even though I was skeptical about trying them, once I did, I was very happy. The other thing I really like about BLU is that the inside seating is very nice and upscale, but the outside dining is casual. So we went here several times and sat in or out based on our mood and attire. Nice combo.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The décor is beach chic, and the ocean views are breathtaking. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. Overall a memorable experience.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed the BLU beach bar while visiting Folly beach last Sunday (10/13). The bar was excellent and had a very beachy feel to it. The band that was playing was great and I enjoyed it very much. My only complaint was that it took the hostess so long to take our orders that we went ahead and walked over to the bar to order ourselves. Overall it is a great location and very relaxing.