“seafood heaven”

Blu Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Artic Street
Transit: Guests of BLU Restaurant & Bar may use the Tides Hotel parking lot free of charge on a space available basis.
Description: Few restaurants in Charleston offer oceanfront dining. None offer the unique experience you'll find at BLU. Set alongside the beach at the Tides Folly Beach, BLU combines indoor and outdoor seating featuring an amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean from almost every seat. Enjoy fresh local seafood showcasing the finest in contemporary coastal cuisine. Casual yet gracious, BLU is the ideal setting for a romantic dinner for two or an enjoyable night out with friends. Sit back, watch the waves roll in and enjoy the cool ocean breeze as we serve you the most delectable food around. With a casual beach bar and comfortable restaurant seating, BLU is where you want to be in Charleston.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Their shrimp bruschetta is simply amazing- if you're craving something a little more filling... the shrimp and grits will definitely have you leaving with a smile :)

1  Thank Jessica K

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was extremely happy with the service,very prompt. Waitress was very polite. Everything came in perfect timing. Meal was bursting with flavor in every bite. It taste so good I almost didn't want to swallow it! The wine was amazing too! Was an excellent compliment to the fine food it was served with. I must compliment the chef and say of all the places I have been throughout the US this is by far my #1 choice and plan to dine here again...hopefully soon!!

1  Thank Thornburg209
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Off-season and staff seemed reluctant to prepare breakfast. I ordered the grouper dish twice. Great the first time; too salty the second. Homemade soups were quite tasty.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We enjoyed most everything we ate here. We had breakfast several mornings and one dinner - no complaints - except for the 'homemade' biscuits. NOT. As I told the waitress, nothing like my mama's! But everything else was good.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here on our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The place is pet friendly which normally we avoid and it was Bassett hound rescue day!!! Must have been 50 dawgs there!! We almost left but hung in there anyway. To my surprise we heard no annoying barking and never even seen a dog hair on anything. I told someone on the staff how well we liked the place and complimented them on its cleanliness, especially with all those dogs. I said I was surprised because I am very sensitive to smells and the only place I could detect a slight (and I mean slight) odor was in the elevator. The next time we rode that elevator it had been thoroughly cleaned and smelled as fresh as can be. We will stay again.