Tides Folly Beach
$189
Elliott House Inn
$339
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$151
$245
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Charleston Downtown/Riverview(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$179
$143
Orbitz.com
Harbourview Inn(Charleston)
$329
$110
  • Pool
1,441 results
All reviewsblu restaurantocean frontoutdoor barsmall balconyheated poolrestaurants and shopscharleston areathe location is perfectoff seasonsouth carolinasouthern hospitalitybeach accessoceanfront roombeachypetsrental
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My college age daughter and I spent 1 night at the Tides Folly Beach. We had an absolutely amazing time. From the moment we pulled up to the parking lot, we were greeted by a polite attendant who had our name already on a list expecting our arrival, to checking in and there be no wait. The front desk staff was so friendly, she asked us if we preferred a certain floor we said we didn't care. She put on the top floor (9th). We had a super clean room, with 2 queen beds, nice bathroom, flat screened TV, and my favorite a balcony of the most amazing views. The property is beachfront. We looked right out to the beach, the pool and the famous Folly Beach Pier. You cant ask for a better location. The shower pressure was amazing, and the toiletries they provide are so nice. Beds were very comfy and they even have mini fridges in the room as well as coffee machine. We went out to dinner at a nearby restaurant as it was Cinco de Mayo and there was a lot of live music bands playing. We did eat breakfast at the hotel and it was super delicious. Staff again was so nice. We asked if we could check out a little later and they accommodated us even they were super full. We were able to use the facilities the entire day even though we had check out.
My only regret was that we didn't stay longer, when we had planned our trip we decided to go to Hilton Head Island for a few days prior as we had never been and had already been to the Charleston area. I would so take FOLLY Beach over Hilton Head Island any day. (don't get me wrong Hilton Head is beautiful, but a very different atmosphere)
Tides Folly Beach gets 2 thumbs up.!!! Cant wait to go back.
Thank you to all of the staff!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed May 7, 2014

When we first arrived, the room was beautiful! Everyone on staff was courteous and friendly. We have stayed 4 nights and have had a wonderful time. The outdoor bar is great. The pool is clean and soothing. The beach was beautiful. I watched staff work to clean and sweep the beach every morning. Movie Night out on the beach was Fantastic! The friendly staff told us about Charleston Outdoor Adventure, we saw many beautiful birds and Dolphins! We loved the time spent here! I recommend this place to all!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammy C
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was part of a wedding party that was taking place at this hotel. The staff was absolutely rude and very inconsiderate at the front desk. We called in advance to get an early check in and was told that would be fine. When we arrived the girl at the front desk said "no ma'am I'm sorry you can have a room at 4:00." As we explained that I was in a wedding taking place at 5:00 that afternoon she simply said we cannot have a room until 4:00. She then told me even though I couldn't check in until Saturday I still should have booked a room for Friday night as well. After about an hour we were finally allowed a room. I have never dealt with such a rude inconsiderate hotel staff as at this one. I will absolutely never stay here agin.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Eli_Paige86
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we stepped in the hotel we were welcomed with a very polite staff. Our room was very clean... towels too! (No stains like others in the previous reviews mentioned). Maid service came everyday. The bar downstairs was great, we enjoyed the friendly staff. The hotel was very up to date. It may be pricey but for it to be right there near all the restaurants and the peir... It was a great location. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AmberrNicholee
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights, and absolutely loved this hotel and will definitely be back!. Perfect location! Great staff! I have only wonderful things to say about hotel. I was initially a little worried about the cleanliness of it, due to it being a pet friendly hotel, but everything was absolutely neat and clean. And It was so awesome to be able to bring our pet on vacation with us!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family