“Great location!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Folly Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at Tides over memorial day weekend for my bachelorette party. I could not have picked a better place. I loved the modern décor of the hotel. The pool bar and hotel bar were also great! We are brunch at the hotel and you get a great view of the ocean!
The location of the hotel is also nice. It is walking distance to several bars and restaurants!
The staff was also wonderful at check in and through out the stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Tides for your bachelorette party over the Memorial Day Holiday this year! Thank you for your compliments of our facilities, our staff and for joining us at Blu Restaurant and Bar. We’re glad you ladies had such an amazing time and we look forward to being your hotel of choice for your next outing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel room and staff were just average. If all you care about is the location, then this is the place for you. I wasn't impressed with this hotel. The hotel pool staff definitely need to learn more about customer service and friendliness. It was lacking by one of the female staff members. I'm not planning to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank lovetotravel_mar
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tides on your recent trip to the Lowcountry! Our pledge to our guests is “the only thing we overlook is the beach.” Clearly, we overlooked more than that with the author of this review. Your concerns regarding the service you received at the pool have been addressed and all readers of this review will see a marked improvement from the experience of this author. I encourage the author of this review to contact me directly to discuss any more compliments or concerns they may have.
Kinston, North Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have just returned from a few days at the Tides. This hotel is in a great spot for the beach and for restaurants. The staff was extremely friendly. I would definitely suggest getting a room on a higher floor to minimize the noise from the pool, bar, pier, and beach. The rooms were large and clean with great ocean views. The only negative of our stay was the air conditioner. It was extremely loud and we had trouble sleeping with it on at night. The restaurant is good but eat inside to protect your food from the birds. The porch bar is a great place for an afternoon drink.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for spending a couple of days with us at Tides and for your wonderful compliments of our staff and our on-site restaurant! I’m happy to hear you had such a great time and we look forward to many return visits to the Edge of America!
Iowa
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent one night there on July 14th, 2013. After reading the reviews the stay was pretty much what I was expecting. We were greeted by a very friendly staff when we arrived and checked in. We had a lovely view from our ninth floor room. The room was just average for the price. I was all right with all of that. But, two things. There was only decaf coffee included with the coffee maker in our room, so I went down to the lobby to ask for regular. The clerk said she'd get me some and I went for a walk on the beach and we agreed I'd get it when I came back. I came back and she'd forgotten so she said she'd send it up to our room. It never came. Then, I accidentally left my shampoo and conditioner in the room. I called the next morning and asked if housekeeping had found it. She took my room number and phone number and said she'd have housekeeping call me. They didn't. I called back and the same thing, no return call. Minor annoyances, but for a hotel that prides itself on service, I found it lacking. We moved inland for the next several days and we both agreed that quality and service were much easier to find. Driving six miles to the beach from a hotel that was a better value and offered greater service and amenities was probably what we should have done in the first place.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the beach, but a higher floor probably gives you a better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mollymagee83
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tides on your recent trip to the Lowcountry! Our pledge to our guests is “the only thing we overlook is the beach.” Clearly, we overlooked more than that with the author of this review. Minor annoyances add up and that is something we all understand here at Tides Folly Beach so attention to detail is always a focal point. Please accept our apologies for our shortcomings during your stay. I encourage the author of this review to contact me directly so that I may help right these wrongs and show them that Tides is, indeed, the standard of customer service excellence!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great family beach for fishing, relaxing, and eating. Tide great place to stay. Very few hotels on Folly Beach due to being a small area. If you get reservation to stay here good luck in the summer. Always busy. Great staff, clean rooms and on the beach. Thumbs up to a great stay!

Room Tip: Book this place early for summer fun.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thumbs up to a great review! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I’m glad you were able to get reservations. Thank you for your compliments of our staff and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you on many more trips to Folly Beach!
Chicago
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Tides is at the end of Center street with a great beach. We held our family reunion here. We had problems with the reservations for four rooms but after being persistent management gave us the rate that was quoted to us. The room was fine and staff very friendly. The breakfast buffet was great and reasonably priced. We had lunch at Blu but not dinner. Lunch was fine, nothing special. The beach is what you come for and it doesn't disappoint. Location, Location, Location. What more can I say.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean but don't expect to sit on your balcony. Too small for a chair.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brian_D_Ross-TFB, Manager at Tides Folly Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to hold your family reunion at Tides Folly Beach! It was a pleasure serving you and we appreciate your compliments of our staff and of our restaurant. We hope to play host to future reunions for years to come!
Midwest
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently and found the Tides hotel to be an average hotel for the money spent. Based on my vacation experiences this hotel is priced high for the amenities and surrounding area. We spent $259 for oceanfront room, hotel is clean and nicely updated but our rooms air conditioning unit was very loud. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I really can't say anything bad about our stay.

Folly Beach as a whole was VERY disappointing, not impressed at all. The island pretty much is all vacation homes, the Tides hotel and a few restaurants/bars all at one intersection. The vacation homes on the island were half nice and half slummy looking. I would not rent a home on this island. The beach is grayish in color and looks dirty, not sure why, but if you're hoping for pretty yellow/white Florida-like beaches this is not the place. Unfortunately, it rained most of our stay so we did not spend any time at pool or beach. We probably would not stay here again only because of the surrounding area.

Charleston is AWESOME, we had a blast exploring! Charleston is like Key West minus the wild party and beaches. Pretty much the entire Historic District was beautiful and worth walking the streets and exploring. I felt safe and comfortable walking all over the town.
My suggestion would be to come to town and take a carriage ride around Charleston to get familiar, then walk and explore shops, food and quiet places. We also did the Bulldog Ghost & Dungeon Tour. We also went to Patriot Point and Boone Hall Plantation. 2 to 3 days would be the recommended amount of time to spend here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Tides during your vacation! We appreciate you compliments of our staff and are happy that you found your accommodations to your liking. I’m thrilled that you were so impressed with the Charleston area, as a whole, and hope you’ll have the opportunity to come back again! Perhaps, next time, we’ll be able to order up some dryer weather so you’ll be able to enjoy the beach and pool deck.

Being that we are the closest beach hotel to Charleston’s historic district (9 miles), we encourage all our guests wishing to spend some time in America’s favorite city to do so. We can arrange your travel, tours and dinner reservations and, of course, look forward to hearing all about it upon your return to Folly!

For those wishing to enjoy island living, please note that Folly Beach has a plethora of options! We have twenty-nine restaurants, bars and eateries spanning 10 intersections (all walking distance). Also within walking distance on the main street are two surf shops, a handful of souvenir shops, galleries, a library and three churches. Several outdoor adventure programs and activities are available including, but not limited to, the Folly Beach Fishing Pier, kayaking, paddle-boarding, boating, fishing, jet skis, and bike and chair rentals. Historically, Folly Beach is very significant and you may learn why on tours to the Morris Island Lighthouse and Porgy and Bess House. With the Folly Beach County Park now open again, we have even more to offer locals and visitors alike!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Folly Beach
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Holliday inn Folly Beach
Holliday inn Folly Beach
#4 of 4 in Folly Beach

Been to Tides Folly Beach? Share your experiences!